Ibanez Edge Pro Bridge - Whammy Bar Question

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
GeetarPlayer373

Heya guys, I have a JS1200 which has an edge pro bridge, and so I'm looking for a way to making the whammy bar more "stiff" ... meaning you can put it where ever you like and it stays there, not just swinging back to the bottom by gravity, but so it stays where you put it. I hope someone understands what I mean, Thanks!

-Steve
Logic

This has been asked alot. There are the little white washers that have to be fresh and the little screw and springy thing on the bottom of the insert that can be tweeked to stiffen it up.
GeetarPlayer373

The washers are only a month or 2 old, barely used, and the screw at the bottom, I'm not sure what to do with it, I tried screwing it but nothing happened.
Logic

If you are really set on a tighter bar then there is something that can be done. If you put a slight bend on the part of the bar that goes into the boss it will tighten it up. Be careful, you only need to bend it a very little. Bend it to much and it will be way to tight. I have an Edge trem and I have done this and it is perfect.
GeetarPlayer373

Yeah? I might actually do that, but is there no "proper" or "official" way to do it? e.g. the little screw in the back?
Logic

Sounds like you did all the official ways.
toms-ruin

i bought the same guitar a few months ago and had the same problem, and im not talkin about just the usual "edge pro blues" :lol: .

when i changed the washers it would still be preeety loose and would be completly slack in a few minutes, and i even put my trem arm into other guitars with the same bridge only to find that it was tight, when in my guitar it was loose, and vice versa.

so there must be something wrong somewhere in my brindge.
Logic

you can install the boss out of one of those trems and your home free
GeetarPlayer373

So, what are you trying to say? :P I know changing the washers won't help, so what do I do? Didn't really catch what was said there.
toms-ruin

you can install the boss out of one of those trems and your home free
what does that mean??
GeetarPlayer373

Anyone else have advice? :D
Tommy

Logic wrote:you can install the boss out of one of those trems and your home free
This post is ironic because your username is the complete opposite of it.

Can anyone decypher this?
j.arledge

just take a peice of eletrical tape and wrap it around the bar once pop it in and that should do it .
Logic

Mr. Tommy
OR, You don't understand the terminology. The boss is the hole the bar slips into. It is removable. On an engine block any hole with threads that a bolt threads into is also known as a boss. The boss on Mr. GeetarPlayer373 may have been drilled slightly too big. If his bar stays tight in another boss, change the boss. Ibanez doesn't break them down but I am sure the part can be found some where. If this doesn''t clear the matter up I will post a picture.
GeetarPlayer373

Well, this isn't a cheap guitar and thats for sure, so, I better hope its not too big, I'll ask someone at a guitar store to check it out.