Those annoying looking scratches all over the guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
DR5150

Anyone here know how you can get rid of those damn little scrathes, I'm sure anyone her with a high-gloss finish guitar will know what I'm talking about. They really annoy me, and over time the amount of the builds up, from picks, fingers, straps, and cleaning, they just keep building up, making my beautiful Ibanez look like something I caught as it was flying a trash chute. I don't know if there is any way to get rid of them without sending it to a painter and getting it re-clear coated, which I know would work. So far all I've tried is buying car wax and buffing it, it made it really shiny :P , but the scratches still stayed, so I ask all my friends at Vai.com to see if you guys have any solutions.
bancika

here in Serbia we have universal polish paste that looks exactly like toothpaste. It showed best results. When my guitar was paintd after all sanding it had tones of scratches. This paste did job great, I also tried car polishes but without luck. Try finding something similar there.
Good luck
DR5150

Hey thanks, I'm sure we'd have something similar to that here so I'll look around for it. :D I knew someone could help me out
Sweepinchord

Good idea, I'll try that aswell. Maybe car paint scratch removers will work fine on guitar finishes too :D
GTR-MAN

Try 3M rubbing compound. I used it to clean up a old fender Mustang. I'm going to use it to clean up the scratches on a used Jem FP I just got too.
BSBoy

I use a metal polish called 'Peek Polish'. It's a really fine grit polish, and works best with a buffing cloth on the end of a drill 8)

Good luck.