ok... wow.. ibanez content from me!!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Igor

i expanded my "to own ibanez guitars"
from 3 (dt400, rr400, 540pII), to 5 (gilbert HAM & petrucci HAM)

seriously....

what absolutely GORGEOUS!! guitars!! i wanted to check on the gilbert HAM, as to what specs it had, since i always liked the looks of it, but when i checked the petrucci one, my jaw hit the floor.
so, ibanez can still make nice guitars.. even though they're custom pieces hehe

ebony boards all'round, KILLER looks. the pups on the petrucci look WAY gay, but they can be changed.

is it just me, or does anybody else feel petrucci had cooler and better sounding guitars when he was with ibanez?
his MM sounds like a fart.
Dan McAwesome

hmm, the screws in the Air Norton should really be facing the neck, not closer to the bridge..

a very cool paintjob though! I would enjoy owning it :)

- Dan
brentm

I didn't think the EB Petrucci MM sounded like a fart. Infact, I thought it was quite a nice guitar.

However, I'm sure Ibanez could have kept up technically with what JP needs. I wonder why he left Ibanez for EB.

Although, I never cared for the PBS Broadcasting looking faces on JP's Ibanez guitars.

-Brent
gtrdr

Dan McAwesome wrote:hmm, the screws in the Air Norton should really be facing the neck, not closer to the bridge..
- Dan
I just watched a couple of Petrucci vids on Youtube and that is the orientation of his neck pickups....go figure....

Steve.
slash89

I do not agree with you. MM guitars sound great.
mange

Igor wrote:is it just me, or does anybody else feel petrucci had cooler and better sounding guitars when he was with ibanez?
his MM sounds like a fart.
I agree to 100%!!!
When he switched to EBMM his playing became too fast (never thought I'd say that), unmelodic & robot like almost. But I love him anyway.

I don't think that his EBMM guitars sound bad. I would love to own one.

I bought a JPM P2 last week and it's by far the best guitar I've ever tried!!!!!

But I must say that the sunburst EBMM he uses on "Score" is beautiful though...
Igor

i got a couple of live dvds with petrucci playing his MM, all, save the G3 jam, sound like he has a wet blanket over the speakers.

his rythm tone is somewhat ok, but his lead tone is utter crap IMO.
with his ibanez guitars, it was sharp, and toneful, now it's all a slurr.

just an observation.. not saying MM guitars are bad. i dont like the feel of their necks, but that's personal preference.. though the axis is pure poetry
Rachmaninoff

The Music Man JPM guitars are great, really great.
Although, if I could choose between MM and Ibanez, I'd go for the Ibanez JPM.

Anyway, I don't have money to buy neither... :lol:
Igor

Rachmaninoff wrote: Anyway, I don't have money to buy neither... :lol:
sadly, IMO, that's the only thing they got in common hehe
Guitarmiester

I'd love to own one of Petrucci's guitars. If I ever do, I'd have to search for his old Ibanez models. The one you have is really nice, awesome find! I never really liked the finish that much either, but they are really a players guitar! His EBMM's are really nice too, Petrucci has a new one coming out soon. In my opinion, Petrucci's BEST rhythm and lead tones = Images and Words and Scenes From a Memory (his live lead and rhythm tone for SFAM is too good.)

How much was the Ibanez Petrucci model?! Getting a new job soon = more money to spend. Maybe I'll finally get an Ibanez JPM!

Don't post a pic of the PGM, I've wanted a PGM for a while now. To make things worse (needing Ibanez JPM) I've been watching the older I&W DVD a lot lately...
maximus

the pups on the petrucci look WAY gay
:evil: YOU DIE NOW

Please don't call things gay. That is probably my pet peeve.
Guitarmiester

maximus wrote:

I didn't even notice he said that. The JPM 90th Ann. guitar is awesome! Those pickups are pretty cool, if you don't want them, I might take them off your hands. I think the neck is an Air Norton, right? What about the bridge?
Igor

maximus wrote:

ok, they look uber lame! better? he could at least put matching ones in there =P

i didnt mean the brand, i ment the color combination
Guitarmiester

Like I said, if you decided to swap them out, I'd probably take the pickups off your hands. Let me know.
maximus

I know it wasn't the brand, it was the color combination. That doesn't make it any better in my mind. Whatever. I think it's damn cool, actually.