Just landed Peavey Endorsement!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
5thD

I will be playing Satriani JSX amp and HP special guitars! I am pumped, Check out the guitar

Last edited by 5thD on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
j.arledge

beautiful guitar .

i have wondered how those play , is there anything you can compare them to ?

i have had an xxl, 5150,xxx, and jsx all did thier own thing well , it none really gave me exactly what i wanted . the xxx was probably the closest .
5thD

The HP special is the guitar that replaced the Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang guitar, The HP special plays & sound just like a Wolfgang but it is even more balanced and the whammy bar is full floating but can also be "blocked" with a new device that comes standard on these guitars, plus the volume & Tone knobs are push pulls that coil tap the bridge & neck pick ups.

check out this Demo video from guitar world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyJzPum ... rch=Peavey

I love the JSX, I am also a big fan of 5150's, the new Peavey Valve king amps are awesome as well.
resha

Very sweet axe and great amp, congrats :)
Igor

man, that guitar makes me nauceaous.. so many wavy lines in it hehe.

like the colour
jemgirl

oh man,thats a beauty!
awsome finish!!!!!
5thD

Thanks everybody, I think it is a beautifull guitar as well, The only other guitar I like as much is my Jems, which I will still be playing as well :-)

I have two Jems, One I recieved when Steve picked me as the winner of a guitar contest he sponsored, Steve signed the back of the headstock for me.

I told myself I wasn't go to play it, because I wouldn't be getting another one from him but I love the guitar so much, it has become my favorite ax and I play the hell out of it still to this day, in the studio and on stage.

I just picked up another Jem around a week ago that is a awesome guitar as well.

I am phyched about this Peavey deal though, I have used Wolfgangs a lot on my last two Instrumental CD's so it will be nice to be working with Peavey, but I'm not about to retire my Jems :-)
Triumph the Comic Dog

Wow, peavey has really got their act together. When I started playing Peavey had really crappy amps and guitars. I guess EVH forced them to get their stuff up to par.
Instrumentalrockrocks

That's a damned beautifull guitar!

Congrats with your endorsement :wink:

Shred On :guitar
ppvai

sweet! :P

whats all that stuff of the endorse?
and how you can be an endorser? :?

thanx and congrats :)
5thD

ppvai wrote:sweet! :P

whats all that stuff of the endorse?
and how you can be an endorser? :?

thanx and congrats :)
I don't understand your question regarding "whats all that stuff of the endorse?"

As far as how you can be an endorser, I'm not really sure because I was not trying to get this endorsement deal, it just kinda happened, It's actually kinda funny, I had met the peavey guy that is charge of amp design at a recent NAMM show, he had given me a bussiness card and told me if I ever had any problems or questions, to give him a call.

Well, My footswitch stopped wotking in my amp so I called him, He asked me what I had been up to since we last spoke at the NAMM show, we talked a little bit about what has been going on, the next thing I know, I'm talking to the Artist relations guy, he was a really cool guy and they liked my music, I have played Peavey gear on my last 2 CD's (Wolfgang's & 5150's) and winning the Vai contest never hurts in other guitarists minds I guess :-)

Anyhow, it just kinda happened, I wasn't trying to get a endorsement deal, I use there stuff anyhow, but I do not have a HP carve top special so I am excited about that.

I am stoked about the satch 4X12 cab, they tell me the Microphone-simulated XLR direct output is mind blowing, can't wait to try that out!
ppvai

ohh, i mean what is endorsement? :)

i just have an idea... :? but i dont know realy :roll:

mztA
brentm

That's cool 5thD.. Congrats on your deal! Looks like some nice gear to work with.

How's the HP compare to the JEM, overall?
5thD

ppvai wrote:ohh, i mean what is endorsement? :)

i just have an idea... :? but i dont know realy :roll:

mztA
It means they are going to give me some gear to use live and in the studio and whatnot to help promote there gear
RAR!

So, what do you have to do to get an endorsement?

How popular must your band be?