putting jem 7v neck on rg body

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
*theanimal*05

http://spaces.msn.com/fastfinger89/photos/?_c02_owner=1

The rg 390 pictured (or rg350 gx rare guitar as some may argue...) has the chance to have a jem 7v neck put on. question is will it fit ok.

It seems too me that the neck joints on both are the same from what pictures will tell. the neck from the jem 7v is an 05 model and my current rg is a 2004 model.

Will the jem neck fit?

tell me what i want to hear please!!!!!!!
mr_vai777

i have an rg350 body with a Jem555 neck installed.

it will fit if you make it, if you dont mind cracking a bit of paint of course but i like chips in my paint as it looks lived in.

very tight fit but very strong
*theanimal*05

OH REALLY

where exactly did you crack the paint. knowhere that can be seen i hope.
will it ruin the neck or the body.

will doing this affect my sound or playability? did it run anything with your rg?
Logic

That guitar isn't any good for you Mr. *theanimal*05, :wink:
Just get the Jem and send the mystery guitar to me! :)

And no one gets hurt.

LOL

Really though, IMHO that guitar is great the way it is, A real looker.
*theanimal*05

i know what you mean. i guess by doing this i could ruin the sedimental value of this guitar but i dont think im going to sell anytime soon tho.

sorry lol! :D

im still going to put the neck on tho, as it will look awesome and a normal jem7v in oz is 5000 dollars australian and im not exactly made of money and my orginal plan was to make this guitar look ike a jem as much as possible because buying one at home would not be until i can settle down and retire lol!
Logic

What do you have in mind for the old neck????

I know what you mean too.. I have a white RG with an original Edge trem waiting to be installed and Evo pickups already in it.. The thing is awesome now...
Last edited by Logic on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*theanimal*05

well nothing yet. i need to know if this jem7v neck is going to fit first.

If your interested about the neck i would be happy to sell it to you or whoever.

or trade my rg RARE guitar for new jem7v lol!

i really hope this neck fits!
Logic

Your fast!!
You know.. It would be worth a Jem to trade.. maybe not straight across but Jems are easier to find that that guitar of yours..
*theanimal*05

i know.

you know that i changed the orginal pickups yeh?

i still have the originals there pretty good but have nothing on evo's.

if someone could trade me a new if not very new jem7v i would do it without question.

at the moment im focused on whether this neck will fit. IT BETTER.
Logic

Have you already found a neck???
If so what is the circumstances behind it.. I would hate to hear you got a lemon bent up neck that has no action...
*theanimal*05

my current situation is this.

my uncle used to be the general manager of ibanez in australia from the mid eighties to late nineties and can get me a jem7v neck from connections but cant get a free jem7v because that would be asking to much.

The neck will be new and sent from Japan from the factory.
Ant711UK

It looks like a RG1550? to me but the neck doesn't have prestige written above the Ibanez logo so maybe not.

The neck will probably fit but the screw holes may not line up and you may have to make fresh holes. It'll play fine and sound good but it won't sound like a Jem because the wood is not Alder and that is a massive difference in my opinion. It'll look great though 8)

I have an old non AANJ RG 550 with a Jem neck with Evo's installed as a spare guitar and it sounds nothing like my Jem7vwh.

Tony
*theanimal*05

i hear what your saying. I have a legacy plugged into a ds1 distortion and then my rg.

i have plugged my uncles jem into that setup and it sounds the same to me.
the rg has evos. ill have to check about the screw holes because you may be right. thanks for reminding me.

its not a prestige neck that is on there at the moment.the neck specs i think are exactly the same as an rg350's.
*theanimal*05

is it going to work?
*theanimal*05

for mor info on the actual body and neck i found this,

http://www.ibanez.com/parts/2004_PARTS/ ... _spec.html

this is the actual model i have, this model is exactly the same as mine.

the other ones people have showed me have been similar but were the wrong pickups and tone and volume nobs.

this is my guitar and can someone please tell me if the neck on there can be replaced with a jem7v neck.