ibanez jackson or esp?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
sweeps

whats the best hard rock guitar maker out there at the moment? feel free to add other names and discuss (washburn etc) im gonna go with esp.... i think there going forward in terms of offering ltd models for great prices and i think ibanez is starting to produce average guitars like the prestige series. what happened to the 550. there the shit!
Lucky

I prefer both Ibanez and Jackson...ESP make fine guitars but they're just not my cup of tea. IMO nobody even comes close to the Ibanez Edge bridge. If you're a whammy abuser a Japanese Ibanez RG is hard to beat.
Igor

i aint touching a guitar that is made in korea, no matter how good it might be.

so jackson for me.

esp and jackson are pretty much on par quality vise, but usualy esps are 15% expencier
prman

I`d go for ESP (don`t confuse this with LTD. They got nothing to do with the original ESP`s!).
endor

jackson or ibanez, not a big fan of esp
The_Illusionist

ESP, no question about it! dont get me wrong, i love the old japanese Ibanez guitars, and the expensive new ones, mut the low/mid priced guitars they put out nowadays are more troubling then fun! Esp's are good at any price-range, and i know that from experience!!

But the one guitar-brand that always rocks my world, it's PRS, no doubt :P shame they dont come with a floyd ;)
mi2tom

Ibanez hands down :P
Igor

The_Illusionist wrote:ESP, no question about it! dont get me wrong, i love the old japanese Ibanez guitars, and the expensive new ones, mut the low/mid priced guitars they put out nowadays are more troubling then fun! Esp's are good at any price-range, and i know that from experience!!

But the one guitar-brand that always rocks my world, it's PRS, no doubt :P shame they dont come with a floyd ;)
no, those are LTD, not ESP

LTDs SUCK
The_Illusionist

have you even played an LTD Deluxe series guitar? if not, you have no idea what you are talking about!! The ec-1000's eat gibsons for breakfast!! i know, cause i own two ec-1000's and the m-1000!!
The_Illusionist

besides, whats up with the attitude against korean guitars? you won't play them even though you know they can be good? a guitar can be good no matter what it says on the headstock, anyone thinking otherwise needs to grow up!
Igor

The_Illusionist wrote:besides, whats up with the attitude against korean guitars? you won't play them even though you know they can be good? a guitar can be good no matter what it says on the headstock, anyone thinking otherwise needs to grow up!
i have a thing against any guitar made in korea. i wont touch a schechter, i wont touch an ibanez or ltd. same with china made ones
i realy dont care if they are good guitars, which i am sure they are, cos not all can be crap, but i dont buy bs.

ever wondered WHY they are so cheap? with all that nice hardware?

as for gibsons, you obviously have not played the good ones. ltds are a good bang for the buck. they just wont ever see any of mine. ever
prman

I`m with you Igor on this LTD-thing. They are bad bad bad guitars! They shure feel and look nice but give them some time and you`ll see why they are so cheap. The hardware stars to fall apart, tuning problems, can`t get even a decent intonation on whole fretboard, Floyd Roses don`t return to zero-position, potentiometers and micswitches rattle... Just name the problem and you got it with LTD! And all for the same cheap price!

Many of my friends have bought them and not a single one is happy with `em. My opinion is based on experience from their guitars. There`s always a reason why some guitars are cheaper than others.
Igor

the construction is WAY inferrior. they sacrifice wood and fret finishing for better hardware to look good on paper.
hardware can be changed without completely changing the guitar.. the wood cant.

schechters seem good though. they still have the QC over in california, so they are pretty damn good, but still, i wont buy one

i wont buy an esp either, but thats a completely diferent story
Logic

ALL these guitars will rock! Even the Korean guitars will. I have worked on all these guitars and have found plusses and minuses on most. The ESP neck was really good to my hands. It set up very well to boot. The Jacksons are nice to play but the head stocks are to big for me. Demonsteritive. I really love my Korean made RG. I did indeed have to make some adjustments but after that it's perfect. I have said this before I know but I would put my korean made RG next to any Les Paul, Jem, any of the aboved mentioned guitars and it plays and sounds just as good and in most cases better than the others. Saying that a korean guitar just isn't any good takes the guitars out of the "how does it play and sound" areana and puts it into the EGO realm. Funny really, I have seen you guys, you know who you are, With a lousy sounding and lousy playing American or Japanese guitar. Won't touch the "lower class" guitar even though they can be better. I say put the blind fold on and play the thing. If it plays good and sounds good give it an A+ and move on. Forget the "Where was it made" mentality.
Igor

for each his own.

quality of the guitars increases exponentialy with the cost.

i dont buy that "plays just as well as any japanese/usa made instrument" bullshit.

i have thought that once too, but the diference is night and day. a good quality made instrument can be setup to complete perfection, where a shoddy instrument wont. i've been there and done that.

i did make my china epi sound absolutely GODLY, but it still felt what it was. a shitty china made guitar.

like said, for each his own and the newer asia made instruments are good and all.. but they are too hit and miss to be worth anything for me. i rather pay extra and know the guitar has been built with quality, not numbers in mind, so spare me the lecture.