what other guitars are out there ?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
j.arledge

well i have got 870$ that is burning a hole in my pocket . What are some other guitars out there that may grab my attention ? i have looked at ibanez (which i know i love) washburn,dean,jackson,esp , brian moore, parker, all the major brands that i know of . Dont say gibson or epiphone , i am interested in nothing they have to offer currently

maybe a better question would be what would you buy or look into if you had the same amount of cash?
RAR!

An 80's USA Kramer Baretta. :)
fyrie

Fernandez Ravelle?
j.arledge

fyrie wrote:Fernandez Ravelle?
that is actually one i thought of , i had a fernandes 7 string for awhile and the sustainer was sweet but the neck on the guitar was sort of sluggish .

i am really dissapointed at the lack og guitars with maple fretboards , that is really what i wanted .
RAR!

I hear ya man, I prefer Maple boards. They're hard to find. Pissed me off when Ibanez discontinued the RG550 and then the RG1550.
j.arledge

i found me a esp with original floyd and maple neck , made in the US to . I e-mailed them to see what they want for it .

i may go the other route though. There is a fender heartfield talon at one of my local pawnshops and it is in nearly mint shape . It was made in the Fugin factory and has a very wizard like neck plus an original floyd i may buy it and like an sz or maybe even a fender tele . I played a 72 reissue with the humbucker in the neck and liked it alot actually .

I am torn .
Guitar4tw
Newcomer

Jra2217 wrote:well i have got 870$ that is burning a hole in my pocket . What are some other guitars out there that may grab my attention ? i have looked at ibanez (which i know i love) washburn,dean,jackson,esp , brian moore, parker, all the major brands that i know of . Dont say gibson or epiphone , i am interested in nothing they have to offer currently

maybe a better question would be what would you buy or look into if you had the same amount of cash?
Ever tried a Musicman? They make awesome guitars!
MeanGene
Newcomer

Jra2217 wrote:i found me a esp with original floyd and maple neck , made in the US to . I e-mailed them to see what they want for it .
Which model is it? With the exception of a few models made in like 2001 or so, All ESPs are made in Japan, LTDs in Korea. If it is one of the USA Models, they are somewhat rare, and from what I hear, nice guitars.
j.arledge

Guitar4tw wrote:
Jra2217 wrote:well i have got 870$ that is burning a hole in my pocket . What are some other guitars out there that may grab my attention ? i have looked at ibanez (which i know i love) washburn,dean,jackson,esp , brian moore, parker, all the major brands that i know of . Dont say gibson or epiphone , i am interested in nothing they have to offer currently

Ever tried a Musicman? They make awesome guitars!
no , i saw a couple on the same site i saw the esp on though . There was a steve morse model that looked really nice , but like i said i have never played one before .
j.arledge

well the morse was 1500 basically , so that one is a no go . the petrucci model doesn't have a floyd and is too high anyways .

so it seems i have found a crack in guitar pricing . A little more gets me just about anything high quality US made or japanese made a little less gets me just about any import .
Guitar4tw
Newcomer

Jra2217 wrote:well the morse was 1500 basically , so that one is a no go . the petrucci model doesn't have a floyd and is too high anyways .

so it seems i have found a crack in guitar pricing . A little more gets me just about anything high quality US made or japanese made a little less gets me just about any import .
Yeah, it isn't a floyd but it floats either way, so you can do every whammy trick with the JP bridge as you can do with any floyd. The locking tuners do the job well, and especially if you make sure that the nut is giving the strings a smooth travel distance when you use the whammy. It is expensive, though
:(

For your budget I'd say, as so many times before, a highend Ibanez would fit the bill perfectly. But if you don't want to go Ibanez I don't know really. I don't have too much experience with different guitar brands. :roll:
prman

Have you tried Parkers? Their looks might be a little unconventional but if you overcome that you`re in for a surprise. A friend of mine has one and it`s a damn good axe for rock-oriented stuff. As for the absence of Floyds on Parkers and Music Mans - as Guitar4tw told, you can pull ALL that wild whammy stuff on those bridges also.

I can recommend Brian Moore Customs also. I had C-75 for many years and it was a really great guitar. I don`t know about their i-series though... haven`t tried them.

If you can get your hands on a Charvel`s San Dimas-series guitars you should check them out also. I had one at the same time with my Brian Moore and they both we`re really fine instruments.

Good luck on your shopping!
barhouston

Carvin maybe? Custom and all that. I'm saving up for a 7-string right now. :?
Logic

Mr. Jra2217,
Do you have a real live Strat in your arsenal yet?? You could get a nice one for that range..
Everyone has to have at least one!