Help me name my new guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
bancika

You maybe remeber my topic on custom guitar I'm making. Well it's being painted (in white) and I'd like to make headstock decal. I have one that says "Fender Stratocaster made in USA" but it's too stupid to put that, mostly because it's not anything like strat + it should be something original. So I'm thinking what should I write. At the moment I have two ideas:
a) to write my name "Bane" on it
b) to come up with it's name and print that, my favourite at the moment is "Viper", I didn't hear about guitar called that
Any ideas? :) :roll: :oops: :lol:
Gabriel Perat

It could be Bane or a female name that can mean somthing special, something for you or just a name that you like (if you have a daugter, name it after her, or if you are married, to your wife, but don't put the name of a girlfriend in her, because if you brake up, OMG! :lol: :mrgreen: ).

Good luck with your choice!

PS: show us a pic from your guitar!!
bancika

I don't have new photos, body and neck are still at guy who paints it. I have old photos befor painting on this forum, thread http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14467
RAI

Engelbert

8)
Tiger

bancika wrote: [...] b) to come up with it's name and print that, my favourite at the moment is "Viper", I didn't hear about guitar called that
[...]
LTD by ESP has a model called Viper which is a Gibson SG look-alike. So I guess that would leave you with Bane. That's a cool name. :)
stu_hig

Tiger wrote:
bancika wrote: [...] b) to come up with it's name and print that, my favourite at the moment is "Viper", I didn't hear about guitar called that
[...]
LTD by ESP has a model called Viper which is a Gibson SG look-alike. So I guess that would leave you with Bane. That's a cool name. :)
Also, I think there is a very cheap brand of guitars called Viper. So I'd go with Bane! :)
bancika

good point :)
thanx guys
wadso_

Bane is a really cool name, at least I think so. But if I would name my guitar, which I eventually will, I would call it by a girl's name. Probably Linda or Ellen, in tribute to my best friends.
brentm

How about the Bane Shadowcaster ?
Everdessen
Newcomer

Call it:

Honey, silver and gold in my soul.

It's a long name but it captures the essence of true melody and love.
bancika

Hehe, it won't fit on headstock :)
pr1nce

wolfsbane
hewhoshreds

Take the first initial from your first, middle and last name. For example, mine is Matthew John Jamison, so MJJ. You could end up with something cool.
The Wolf

stu_hig wrote:
Tiger wrote:
[...]
Also, I think there is a very cheap brand of guitars called Viper. So I'd go with Bane! :)
um, and Yngwie plays an Ovation Viper Acoustic (that probably wasn't a helpful comment lol)
how are you going to put it on? are you painting it or stenciling or airbrushing, or something entirely different? I would go with something like "demon's bane" because it has a double meaning :wink:
bancika

Most likely I'll put foil used for writing stuff on store windows or something.
By the way, tomorrow I'm picking it up after painting, hope it turned out good :)