Bad horsie or Jem77v the white one

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
jemmaster7

I dont know which one would sound better the Bad Horsie Jem or the Jem the white one.
beyondthenotes712

It's really a matter of cosmetic taste... the finish on the BH may not let the guitar "breathe" as much, but don't take my word for it. The only real difference tonally is that the BH has a basswood body and the Jem7v has an alder body. Happy buying!
brentm

I like both, but if I had to choose one over the other, I'd say the VWH. I like the vine and there's something about having a white guitar.
resha

I think they have different pickups as well...

Mirror top has american basswood body and Breed pickups while the white one has got an alder body with Evolution pickups.

Some questions about it:
- On Ibanez site the mirror top's commercial name is 77B... is this the original name? Wasn't it something like BRMR? :oops:

- On 7VWH specifications they say it has Evolutions, wasn't it supposed to have Evolution 2? If not any news on what guitar they'll be?

Thanks! :wink:
Igor

7BRMR is the product name

baswood body, breed pickups, rosewood (????) fretboard, dot inlays

as oposed to alder body, evolution pickups and ebony fretboard with vine inlays

IMO, totaly diferent beasts
jemmaster7

Im looking for the one that has the slicing tone but can still go kinda bluesy
beyondthenotes712

the current jem7vwh has a rosewood fretboard, check out the website. sorry about forgetting the pickups :D
jemshredder1283

I recently just played a BH model, love the way it feels. i've never played the 7v tho, but as far as I'm concerned i want the bad horsie more ;). Just personal preference. I also know that the BH model was definately lighter than my 7DBK
merlinlake78

the chrome mirror Jem aka baad horsie has breed P.U's
and the Jem7vhw has Evolutions
jemmaster7

Which one has slicing tone but can still go bluesy
amokalex

:shock: I want a Bad Horsie toooo! I was thinking about buying two actually! :?

one to Play, and have custom worked by Sims and the other to hang in the Bathroom! Then i would finally have a mirror, so I can see what I am doing in the Morning at 3:00am when I have to go to work!! :roll:

cya,

amok :roll:
jemshredder1283

jemmaster7 wrote:Which one has slicing tone but can still go bluesy
just going on what i experimented with, the bad horsie one definately fit this requirement. I dont know about the WH tho, so yeah. the bad horsies have been goin real cheap lately, or at least by me. my shops got it on sale for 2000. damn cheap if you ask me
jemmaster7

Does that mirror finish scratch easier than the paint finish. Iam kinda lookin for the one that will last a long time
Pyrostasis

i wasnt as keen on the bad horsie pickups and i may be mistaken - but i dont think it has the scalloped fretboard.

I played one before i got my 7VWH and i much prefer my version. Still wouldnt say no to a free one tho....