Lefty 7's?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
michelle7

Willie wrote:Well, if any of you guys ever wanna visit N.I., then by all means give Michelle7 or myself a shout, it'll be cool to meet some of you good people :)
Don't give me a shout, I don't live here anymore ...
Willie

EEEEEEEEEEEEK :o :o :o

How come?:), are you planning to go on to the horizon of guitarist stardom?:), if so, let me know that travelling times :)

Peace :peace
al

She lives in a tree
Willie

Are you sure? :shock: , I thought that was Robin Hood :P :lol:
Willie

Sorry about the triple post guys, I'm not contemplating getting the Carvin, but also having the guitar sent to Sims Custom shop to hahe LED lights put into it :D, what do you guys think?8)

Here's example A

Peace Everyone :peace
Hobophobic

beyondthenotes712 wrote:You can definitely ask them to cut the trem cavity in the guitar for you... that would help a little.
Yes it would help... but they won't do that either. I've already tried that approach too. They don't have a program for their CNC machine set up to cut the lefty models for Floyds and don't have the desire to set one up at this time. They were more polite about it than that when they replied but that was the point being made.
Willie wrote:I'm not contemplating getting the Carvin, but also having the guitar sent to Sims Custom shop to hahe LED lights put into it :D, what do you guys think?8)
I like LEDs. I wouldn't want them in every guitar, probably not more than one actually, but I do like them. The JEM I'm having built has green LEDs in all the standard dot positions.
Willie

I have still got 2 other options, I can.. 1. Get the schector and have the guitar tech at Sound Control (Glasgow) put a lefty 7 FRTB on it, or 2. I can just order the FRTB from guitarpartsdepot.com and have a local Guitar make make me a 7 string, I had a guitar made by him once before and it was pretty good :), but I sold it simply because I wanted a change :)

I agree that Carvin could be alot more helpful than they have been, I sent them 2 e-mails and they were as helpful as an anvil dropped on your noggin and in fact I hate to say this, but Ibanez weren't much better, in fact quite alot of guitar companies are just simply friggin useless when it comes to catering for lefties and it's nothing short of a complete joke because there is no reason on this earth as to why a lefty can't have the choice of the same guitar in any model for the same price, after all, when they're cutting the body, all the goota do is use the other side of the lumber.

But oh well, some people have to miss out because of either laziness or ignorance and as a guitarist and a person, that's how it feel being a lefty, but maybe it's just me, but I would dare 1 rep from any guitar company to come on here or into the chatroom and give me 1 good reason as to why they can't give lefties the exact same amount of choice because I know that they can't :)

Anyways, I think that the 2 option is the one I'm thinking of most because at least I'll be able to go to see how things are going as the guitar is being made:) and I'll have it made to my own specs for the same price, maybe less than the carvin :), esp since I want dimarzio pick ups in it :)

I haven't decided yet either way on the LED's yet, but if I decide to get the guitar maker to make the 7 string, then I'll ask him to make the neck first and then I'll have the neck sent to Sims Custom Shop for the LEDs to be instaled, but like you were saying Hobophobic, I would just be getting them done the same way as the traditional dot set up :)

Take care everyone and I'll catch ya all soon :), Peace :peace