Lefty 7's?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
beyondthenotes712

Willie wrote:I thought it only fair that I let you guys know that I checked out the pricing list again I know now why I had the feeling about the FRTLS being as cheap, it turns out that I had misread it :oops: , it is just the FR Tremelo Bridge and not the FRTLS as I had first thought, but so long as it will whammy, who gives a damny?:)

I appologise everyone for the goof up :)

Peace everyone :peace
Just out of curiousity, what did you think it was? I guess I thought all you needed was the bridge component, since, as I mentioned above, carvin's come with sperzal locking tuners.
Willie

Yeah, I was just having one of those moments :oops: :lol:
Hobophobic

You can't get a Floyd/Floyd licensed trem on a lefty Carvin. They don't do the Floyds on any of their lefties no matter how much you ask/beg/harrass them about it (trust me on this one). The Floyd price upgrade is for the righty only. I've been hounding Carvin, begging Carvin, bargaining with Carvin (probably to the annoyance of the good people on the Carvin Museum BBS... sorry about that folks), etc. for a long time hoping to get that changed... it hasn't changed. I've mentioned posts I've seen on various forums where people are disappointed because they can't get the Floyd on the lefties... it doesn't help. They don't do it, won't do it. I'd have a lefty DC747 on order right now if that weren't the case. They still make excellent lefty guitars if you can live without a trem (or with the Wilky on the 6-string models) though and their tube amps are probably the best bargain in the music world. Meanwhile I'm patiently waiting for them to wake up and smell the money they could be making if they'd change that policy. They're not alone though, I can't think of any other company (outside of full custom shops) that offers a lefty 7 with trem.
Logic

You can modify a right handed trem into a left handed trem. Some anyway. I am looking at a Edge trem right now and there is provision for left handed playing. Don't they put Edge type trems on the Universes?? If so the same provision should be there.
Hobophobic

Yeah, some righty trems have provisions for converting them to lefty. Floyd makes lefty trems and there is a Floyd-licensed 7-string trem available too. I was just refering to Carvin specifically.
Willie

I have just been quoted a price on a Lefty 7 Carvin with a Floyd Rose Trem Bridge.

I'll give Carvin Guitars a call, just to confirm it :) and the price was given to me by a Carvin Dealer :), but yes, the Floyd Rose Trem is an extra $70, but this was included in the price that I was given as I had asked for the model to be priced with the F.R. treme bridge, butI don't care, it's worth it :) and what's the use of getting a good 7 string without a whammy bar to make the most of it?:)

Peace Everyone :)
Last edited by Willie on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobophobic

Good luck, and I mean that sincerely... but prepare for disappointment. If you get it that's awesome but there's a 99.99999% chance it ain't happening no matter what the dealer told you. When he contacts Carvin he will be told what I just told you: "We don't do that".
Willie

Thanks buddy :), if that is the case, then I'll just order a F.R. trem bridge for a lefty 7 and install it :), if It don't work 1 way, it'll work another :)

I must admit that there should be more equipment and choice available for lefty's than there is because it's like if you're left handed, then you're not as recognised as a guitar as much as a right hander, that's how it seems when looking at guitar maker's site and companies.

Oh well :), it doesn't really matter, we're all here for 1 thing and that it to ROCK :guitar :headbang :headbang 8)

Peace Everyone :peace
beyondthenotes712

Willie wrote:Yeah, I was just having one of those moments :oops: :lol:
lol, we all do :wink: hopefully the lefty trem works out, you may be able to ask them if you could buy the FR lefty 7 and have them install it while they build it... i dont know, it might just be easier to do it yourself...
Willie

beyondthenotes712 wrote:
Willie wrote:Yeah, I was just having one of those moments :oops: :lol:
lol, we all do :wink: hopefully the lefty trem works out, you may be able to ask them if you could buy the FR lefty 7 and have them install it while they build it... i dont know, it might just be easier to do it yourself...
That's what I've done :)

Here's what the price that I have been given includes, in my order;-

L/H Carvin DC747 with standard Alder Body and Floyd Rose Tremelo bridge, Plastic Harshell case and delivery :)

Now, if the guy from Guitar Lefty comes back to infor me that Carvin won't install a FR Trem, then I will ask for a lesser price than I was quoted and I'll oder a FR L/H 7 bridge and install it :), like I said, if it doesn't work out 1 way, it'll work out another :)

But yeah, I've had the FRTB included in the price :)

Either way, I'll see how it works out :)

Thanks beyondthenotes712 Buddy and it's good to see ya again :)

Take good care everyone :), peace :peace
Willie

I Have great news for all you hip and cool left handed cats, I have found you a supplier of a Floyd Rose Liscenced Temelo System for a 7 string :D

Here's the link for all you cats out there http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/m ... e=locktrem

Take good care everyone and I'll be back later 8)

Hobophobic

Yep, I already have that link. The folks on Jemsite dug it up when I was complaining that I couldn't find a lefty 7 trem. The only problem is I wouldn't want to dig into a brand new Carvin to install it, I'm just not that brave. It looks like the only way I can get a 7-string the way I want it is the custom shop route. I already have a lefty Jem being built, maybe I'll put another one in line when it's done.
Willie

Cool :), I am more or less waiting to find out for sure from Carvin if they WILL install the bridge, but I don't see why they can't or don't, esp since the lefty 7 FRT is available now and they do have it on theire list oc upgrade options to upgrade the standard Carvin bridge to the FRTB :)

I'll bet that you're licking your chops at the thought of having the Jem in your hands when it's finished 8)

beyondthenotes712

You can definitely ask them to cut the trem cavity in the guitar for you... that would help a little. ahh, i'd love to get my hands on a Carvin, maybe i'll fly out to Northern Ireland and visit, lol :D enjoy you new guitar Willie!
Willie

Well, if any of you guys ever wanna visit N.I., then by all means give Michelle7 or myself a shout, it'll be cool to meet some of you good people :)

I'll know more tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest, but like I was saying before, where there's a will, there's a way :)

I'm liking the idea of the black FRTB and black hardware with the guitar gonna be in 'Classic White' (Bright White), what do you guys think?:)