Lefty 7's?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Willie

Hey Guys :)

Can any of you cats give any info on any ?/H 7 string?

I have only been playing for about a year/ year 1/2 and I'm now starting to write my own music and songs, but mostly music as I prefer instrumental guitar :).

although I can get most of the notes i'm looking for in the music I write, I just can't get that growl that I want and I found out about a 7 string and because I'm awkward being a lefty, there's very few lefty 7's around, which of course when I do find one, 9/10 times it's either at or more than custom shop prices, which sucks really bad.

I hope that someone can give some help or advice :)

Take care all you cool cats out then and stay cool 8)

Willie :)
beyondthenotes712

carvin makes all of their guitars lefties, including 7-strings, at no extra charge. check out the dc727 and dc747 at www.carvin.com
Willie

Thanks buddy 8) :)

I'm waiting on a price quote on a Schector 'Omen 7' L/H, but I don't know anything about Schector Guitar, as to whether they are any good or not :) any reviews on Schector would be appreciated also :)

Many thanks again buddy and I'll take a peek at what Carvin has :)

Willie

Thanks again :)
al

if i wanted a leftie 7 string id definitly go for carvin over schecter, schecter aint to bad tho
Willie

I'm kinda thinking about the Carvin in a big fashion :), I esp like the 'Pearl Blue' or 'Classic White' finish and if I go for it, I'll be happy to pay the extra $70 for the F.R.T.L.S. (Floydd Roser Tremelo Locking System), but I'm not sure if there's the option for a whammy bar or if that's in the system :)

Unfortunately, I'm still very much a newcomer when it comes to hardware :) oh well :), we live and learn :)

Thank you guys for you advice and help so far, I really appreciate it :)

beyondthenotes712

Willie wrote:I'll be happy to pay the extra $70 for the F.R.T.L.S. (Floydd Roser Tremelo Locking System), but I'm not sure if there's the option for a whammy bar or if that's in the system
The Floyd Rose Tremolo is a complete whammy bar system (and one of the best). What's nice is with most carvins, this one included, you don't need to get a locking nut because sperzal locking tuners come standard.

I would def get the carvin over a schecter... just look at the retail prices! the Schecter's highest quality 7's retail price is $999 and the carvin's is $1849! The reason why they are about the same buying price (depending on how many options you get) is because Carvin sells factory direct and doesn't have to go through all of the mark ups by going through wholesale and storefronts. you are getting a TON more quality for about the same price!

happy buying :D
Willie

beyondthenotes712 wrote:
Willie wrote:I'll be happy to pay the extra $70 for the F.R.T.L.S. (Floydd Roser Tremelo Locking System), but I'm not sure if there's the option for a whammy bar or if that's in the system
The Floyd Rose Tremolo is a complete whammy bar system (and one of the best). What's nice is with most carvins, this one included, you don't need to get a locking nut because sperzal locking tuners come standard.

I would def get the carvin over a schecter... just look at the retail prices! the Schecter's highest quality 7's retail price is $999 and the carvin's is $1849! The reason why they are about the same buying price (depending on how many options you get) is because Carvin sells factory direct and doesn't have to go through all of the mark ups by going through wholesale and storefronts. you are getting a TON more quality for about the same price!

happy buying :D
AWESOME :D, Thanks buddy for your help, you're a Jem :D, you too Brother al :)

I checked out the Carvin site and the guitar I'm looking at in this link is just at $789.00 Sale Price and $889.00 regular price, Here's the link :)

http://www.carvin.com/images/guitar-det ... /DC747.jpg

I love the Transparent Pearl Blue, I ust admit though, it would be awesome to have it in Classic White :D

Thank you again guys for your help and Peace always guys :peace 8)

al

that thing is sexy... can u get it with a whammy bar
Willie

The Floyd Rose Trem Lock System is only an extra $70 = ££35 - £40 :) and it has the whammy bar in it :)
beyondthenotes712

brother al wrote:that thing is sexy... can u get it with a whammy bar
you bet
beyondthenotes712

Willie wrote:The Floyd Rose Trem Lock System is only an extra $70 = ££35 - £40 :) and it has the whammy bar in it :)
lol, we answered at the same time
Willie

LMAO :lol: Good minds think alike :) :lol:
al

u have to get a whammy bar! ill kill u if u dont!! then it sud be super hot
Willie

LMAO :lol: Thanks :P :lol:

But it's a whammy bar that I want on a 7 string :) and it will be super hot :D, Correction, I forgot that actions speak louder than words... :guitar :headbang :headbang :headbang 8) :peace
Willie

I thought it only fair that I let you guys know that I checked out the pricing list again I know now why I had the feeling about the FRTLS being as cheap, it turns out that I had misread it :oops: , it is just the FR Tremelo Bridge and not the FRTLS as I had first thought, but so long as it will whammy, who gives a damny?:)

I appologise everyone for the goof up :)

Peace everyone :peace