Getting a Jem

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
brentm

Just be very very careful if you purchase a 7VWH on eBay. There's a flood of Ibanez JEM copies. They usually say Made in Korea and they all seem to have the same serial number "C02060876". It would be very easy, with one of these counterfeit JEMs, to separate you from your money.
Melvin

VaiWorshiper91 wrote:Is this really good idea?
Should I get a Jem?
Or should I just get some other Ibanez RG?
There are 2 things you have to keep in minde

1 : a jem takes a little bit time to get formiliar with because the high E string lays really low on the neck, and you will yenk it off ones in a while

2 : if you get a jem be nice to it ;)
brentm

Melvin wrote:
VaiWorshiper91 wrote:Is this really good idea?
Should I get a Jem?
Or should I just get some other Ibanez RG?
There are 2 things you have to keep in minde

1 : a jem takes a little bit time to get formiliar with because the high E string lays really low on the neck, and you will yenk it off ones in a while

2 : if you get a jem be nice to it ;)
Sorry Melvin, but that's the worst advice I've heard today...

There's really no comparison between the REAL Ibanez JEM and an RG. They're simply different horses, different forces. RG's are great for whetting your appetite, but at the end of the day, there's a night and day difference between a JEM and an RG.
VaiWorshiper91

Thanks all for your advice. I'm off to find a Jem 7VSBL!
Micha
Newcomer

I owned a Jem 77 BFP but I had to sell it to pay my dogs vet. It was such a great guitar and I am really sad about selling it but I ordered a new 7 VWH last week because its such a great guitar which you cant compare to a RG.
VaiWorshiper91

Just wondering, but does anyone know what Ed Roman charges on the Jems he's got?
Tony B
Newcomer

I have to aggree......

I have my first Jem about 2/3 weeks now (7VWH)...I have owned 4 RGs in my time but I have to tell you there is just no comparison ....

The weight,tone,finish and feel is just completly and tottaly different..

I am delighted with the Jem - it sounds great doing anything and when you get tired playing it you can just sit and look at it (at the 7VWH is a great looking axe in my book).

Tony
Dublin
Ireland
MR4Y

the only thing bad to me about the JEMs is his price, freakin' stealing price. Actually a new JEM7VWH costs 9325 bucks, and the BRMR 10.210 bucks. with this prices I never will get a JEM :cry: on even test one (because of the SOB store vendors, that treat that guitar like a very rare specie of animal)
cioran

Can I get some reasonable price quotes on a Jem? Someone talked about 2000 dollars for one, and apparently in Brazil the cost is about five times that. In Sweden, a 555WH costs roughly 2000, a 7VWH about 4000, and the beautiful 77 BRMR about 4400 dollars. Sweden has ridiculous taxes, and of course the small volume plays a part. Is the price difference between the 555 and the 7 indicative of the difference in quality? With trips to Britain and other European countries being nearly free, maybe I can save a bundle going there? I've heard of people coughing up for a trip to the States and still making a saving, although this was some time ago. Please, I really WANT one, and I've got gig money coming in over the next months. Any advice really appreciated.
Take care.
Gandalph915
Newcomer

MR4Y wrote:the only thing bad to me about the JEMs is his price, freakin' stealing price. Actually a new JEM7VWH costs 9325 bucks, and the BRMR 10.210 bucks. with this prices I never will get a JEM :cry: on even test one (because of the SOB store vendors, that treat that guitar like a very rare specie of animal)
/sign
i'd love to get a jem but i just don't have the money...
So i got rg550 and changed the pickups....it isn't --the thing-- but it serves really well... :-)
Tom Gilroy

I love mine, plays great, sounds great, looks great. If you think the same, go for it.