my guitar project! COMPLETED Mar 4th

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
StoleN GuitaR

bancika wrote:Well, any push-pull pot will work since you need to break only one connection with switch. That diagram is too large for download, I'm on dialup it would take an hour :) Basicaly, LED wiring has nothing to do with pickup wiring, that switch on push-pull pot is independent from pot itself. Just wire those 3 pot lugs as usual. This pot you mentioned will work just fine (maybe EP_4486-000 is better, it looks more sturdy and it has only two lugs for switch SPST which is enough for this). Those 3 lugs on top are "regular" pot lugs, those 6 below in two colums are for switch. As I said you only need one column (ie pole) of it. Take a look here:
If you use other switch I mentioned just use two bottom lugs instead
Any clearer?
awesome. ur a godsend.. I Had a friend help me with the wiring so I was pretty much just the audience while he soldered away..

I'll update everyone when I get my Neck back.. or when I get any more photo's of the neck.

so for the EP_4486-000 do I just solder the + and - terminals to the 2 bottom lugs.. does it matter which is + and which is - or will the current flow normal regardless of which lug i solder to..
bancika

direction doesn't matter, you can switch wires on my sketch also. only important is that it breaks that connection. did you make it work?
StoleN GuitaR

bancika wrote:direction doesn't matter, you can switch wires on my sketch also. only important is that it breaks that connection. did you make it work?
the part u reccomended is coming in the mail..
bancika

Either one will work, but as I said this one looks better built, it's waste to pay for DPDT switch when SPST is enough. You'll get better pot for bucks.
Tell me how it turned out
j1mi_h3ndrix

StoleN GuitaR wrote:Before:

After:
so far..
The camera doesn't show this.. but the paint actually changes from purple to orange gold then to a light lime green colour depending on what angle you're on.
This picture ^^ shows the Celtic cross that I designed.. It was lasered on by a friend who owns an engravers company.

God Bless
Simon Persson :wink:
holy crap.. that is really nice
StoleN GuitaR

j1mi_h3ndrix wrote:holy crap.. that is really nice
Thanks,

Small update.. Chris is shipping out the neck this weekend. So hopfully thats the case.. which means that within a week I'll have my neck to install with 3-way colour changing LED's in the neck with my custom Inlay.
bancika

how do you mean 3way switch? If you're using 3way switch for LEDS you don't need push pull pot for switching them
Lo Lo

No, each bulb has three different colored diodes in them to make them change colors. That's what I think he was saying, three-way leads!
StoleN GuitaR

Lo Lo wrote:No, each bulb has three different colored diodes in them to make them change colors. That's what I think he was saying, three-way leads!
correct, each LED "bulb" changes from red to green to blue.. and inbetween changes there's colours like orange, magenta auqua etc etc..

it does it on its own, no timers or anthing.. its just how they're made.
I personally dont know how they work. but I know it's going to be good.
bancika

I don't quite understand, why do you need 3way switch when they change colors by themselves?
StoleN GuitaR

bancika wrote:I don't quite understand, why do you need 3way switch when they change colors by themselves?
I'm not getting a 3-way switch :)
StoleN GuitaR

Touchdown!!

My guitar Neck is finally complete. Chris is shipping it to me this weekend.

He's putting in the Frets as we speak.

Eye Candy:

http://homepage.mac.com/bigvelvetdog/ga ... rsson.html

God Bless

Simon Persson
resha

The fretboard work's stunning :shock:
Compliments :wink:
vaiisagoodguitarplayer

Wow that guy has some serious quality in his work. Can't wait til it's done.
galan

Congratulations man!!! that is so sweet