my guitar project! COMPLETED Mar 4th

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like a tricky instalation...:)

Can you reach the two upper adjustable resistors?

You may want to put a piece of carton on top of the circuit board and between the pots and the circuit board.
bancika

Cool frost-like cover, how did you do it?
Instrumentalrockrocks

Really one of the greatest home build guitars I've ever seen!

Beautiful!

And

It's a very versatile guitar too!

Shred On :guitar
StoleN GuitaR

Jeroen wrote:Looks like a tricky instalation...:)

Can you reach the two upper adjustable resistors?

You may want to put a piece of carton on top of the circuit board and between the pots and the circuit board.
Yes I can reach the resistors,
explain what you mean with the card? :?

is this to help insulate it?

God Bless

Simon
StoleN GuitaR

bancika wrote:Cool frost-like cover, how did you do it?
double post sorry...

Clear acryllic Laser cut to shape, Then I sand blasted the edges.. I don't know why i did it.. but i guess it turned out good that I did.

I just had it in my head "this needs some sort of outline"
bkornaker1977

just by chance....did you buy that guiatr body ( ibanez 540R) from Ebay ? I sold a guy in new zeland a body just like that in that exact champange gold color to a guy in new zeland............
StoleN GuitaR

probably was me :-P..
not a bad improvment huh :lol:
bkornaker1977

sweet! i thought it was you!
StoleN GuitaR

ok, my Neck is ALMOST done, I've had contact from chris again.

He's installing 3-way colour changing LED's :
http://homepage.mac.com/bigvelvetdog/ga ... av008.html

you need quicktime to watch..

anyhow.. Question to anyone that knows the technical side of things..
Can I use a push/pull pot for the LED's to turn on and off.. or should I use a normal switch.

and if YES to the Push/pull... what type? theres a few on allparts.. but i dont understand what I'm looking at to be honest.. :lol:

http://www.allparts.com/categories.php? ... 00K%20POTS
StoleN GuitaR

StoleN GuitaR wrote:ok, my Neck is ALMOST done, I've had contact from chris again.

He's installing 3-way colour changing LED's :
http://homepage.mac.com/bigvelvetdog/ga ... av008.html

you need quicktime to watch..

anyhow.. Question to anyone that knows the technical side of things..
Can I use a push/pull pot for the LED's to turn on and off.. or should I use a normal switch.

and if YES to the Push/pull... what type? theres a few on allparts.. but i dont understand what I'm looking at to be honest.. :lol:

http://www.allparts.com/categories.php? ... 00K%20POTS

can anyone help me here.. :roll: :?:
Logic

I think you should use the most inconspicuous devise you can get your hands on and be imaginative.
A push pull pot??? Naaahhh.. Something else. If you can send a link to possabilities, please do.
bancika

Of course you can use push pull pot. push-pull is combination of ON-ON DPDY switch and regular pot. There are two columns with 3 lugs each. You just need one of them (one pole). Connect 9V wire to center lug and one of other two lugs in the same column to LED's. That will do the trick. Ask if you need more details
Logic

What would be kewl is some sort of pressure pads of the fret board so the LED's flash as your playing on top of them. Make it look like your fingers are on fire.
StoleN GuitaR

bancika wrote:Of course you can use push pull pot. push-pull is combination of ON-ON DPDY switch and regular pot. There are two columns with 3 lugs each. You just need one of them (one pole). Connect 9V wire to center lug and one of other two lugs in the same column to LED's. That will do the trick. Ask if you need more details
search for this on allparts.com EP_0346-000

would you be able to draw me up a Rough wiring diagram that will keep the pickup's working properly in both UP and DOWN positions.. but when DOWN the LED's are off and when UP the LED's are on.

the LED's are run by a 9V battery use the diagram here http://www.fernandesguitars.com/manuals/FSK401.pdf

Thats what I used.. I'm hoping to change the Tone pot to the push/Pull..

All help would be greatly appretiated..
bancika

Well, any push-pull pot will work since you need to break only one connection with switch. That diagram is too large for download, I'm on dialup it would take an hour :) Basicaly, LED wiring has nothing to do with pickup wiring, that switch on push-pull pot is independent from pot itself. Just wire those 3 pot lugs as usual. This pot you mentioned will work just fine (maybe EP_4486-000 is better, it looks more sturdy and it has only two lugs for switch SPST which is enough for this). Those 3 lugs on top are "regular" pot lugs, those 6 below in two colums are for switch. As I said you only need one column (ie pole) of it. Take a look here:
If you use other switch I mentioned just use two bottom lugs instead
Any clearer?