my guitar project! COMPLETED Mar 4th

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
rob310

dude awsome guitar
wadso_

It's really nice, but I can't say I like the volume/tone controls. That color doesn't fit in, but that's just my opinion! I guess you like it and that's great for you since it's actually your guitar, not mine :x :lol:
j.arledge

freakin sweet dude :shock: :D report back on how she plays .
hewhoshreds

Whoah that's great, well done.
Trononguitar

Very very nice man!, one thing, those knobs are detracting from the beauty of the insturment alot,i.m.h.o. .
Throw some blacks on there and it will make the world of difference. or how about chromes that you give a "dusting " of black on the knob to blend the light/dark hues? or dark polished brass.
Other then that . great job!
What was the estimated total cost and labor hours of your project?
RoadStarII

dead sexy
ginsu777

Can you tell me more about the Acrylic? Is is clear or green tinted?

It looks as though it is catching light from somewhere. Is that the camera flash?

anyway, as an Irishman, I am drooling over your design. very very nice.

I am still wanting to put a sustainter in my S470, but its a tight fit.... not alot of wood there... but it is HEAVY mahogany straight through.
StoleN GuitaR

Trononguitar - I'm considering changing to some oil stained/black-chrome knobs, and getting them engraved with "VOLUME, TONE, and SUSTAIN"

ginsu777 - The green plates are made from a clear acryllic with a green mirror backing, these were custom made by pickguardparadise.com (thanks Tom!!). I sent him a picture of the type of backplate i wanted and he made it.

resha - The LED's change on their own, I'm not sure if there's a timer under there somewhere or if they're built with a "master LED" that initiates the colour change. if you want moe info about the LED's.. contact Chris at www.christopherwoods.com
guyzif

Wow dude that is an amazing guitar dude! YOU REALLY HAVE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL THERE!
resha

StoleN GuitaR wrote:resha - The LED's change on their own, I'm not sure if there's a timer under there somewhere or if they're built with a "master LED" that initiates the colour change. if you want moe info about the LED's.. contact Chris at www.christopherwoods.com
Thanks a lot StoleN GuitaR, I checked Christopher's website and He surely does amazing works, especially on His necks. Some of the best things I've ever seen, and you've got one :wink:

:P Resha
norway_guitarist

That's a wonderful guitar... Not my style, but I am very impressed!
bancika

There are LEDs that can change color on their own without any timer or additional electronics.
StoleN GuitaR

bancika wrote:There are LEDs that can change color on their own without any timer or additional electronics.
I'm assuming that that's what type of LED's chris used in my project neck.

I'm replacing the output jack today, so all the electronics should be working 100% instead of 50%..
now all i need to do is go vol/tone/sustain knob hunting... I'm thinking maybe some chrome skull knobs.. or some oily black chrome tinted knobs..

any ideas?
StoleN GuitaR

Hey guys! guess what.. this beast is up for sale!! PM me if interested!