your first ibanez how was it??

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
mejia

im 13 years olkd i i just got my first ibanez 4 months ago. i love my guitar its an rg350ex i love the sound the feel of the neck and the bridge. but im gonna change the humbuckers to evolution dimarzio pickups. but i want to use an ibanez for the rest of my life. now if you own an ibanez i want to hear if u like it?? or not ??? if you want to stay with ibanez or not??
j.arledge

my first ibanez was a usrg30 . I had been playing for a little over 2 years and had already had a number of guitars that i had bought and sold.

I bought it for 550 shipped in case. It was more of a players condition ax. It has a few dings and dents, i was unhappy at the fact that these wheren't described in the listing (it wasn't on they bay either) . The neck was unlike anything i had played, it was thin and flat, i thought it a little strang coming from an epiphone nighthawk. Anyways the guitar was saved by it being so beautiful. I am glad it was, i have played that guitar so much i have worn through the finish on the bottom part of the neck all the way down and worn through majority of the side of the heel.

the frets aren't very worn either . 6105 frets are the shit .
Anyways, once i get some money i am going to have the neck re-finished and go ahead and have a re-fret will probably cost what i paid for the guitar in the first place but, my usrg30 is priceless to me .
Pyrostasis

i got my first ibanez about 2 weeks ago. Its a JEM7VWH and i havent put it down since. EASLILY the best guitar i have ever played. Very inspirational and i would recommend ibanez to anyone in a second.
jemgirl

i got my first ibanez years agoo.
its was a fucked up rg550.
however i loved the maple neck and sound.

p
MR4Y

I still not got my Ibanez yet. but my actual guitar ha the same neck feel on an Ibanez RG.
j.arledge

oh i might add that i own an rg570 , and rgt42 now . I am planning on getting an sz or somthing like soon as well.

ibanez guitars are like lay's potato chips, "you can't have just one"
bkornaker1977

my first ibanez was an old RG 270. i got it cause it was cheap! and it was ibanez...like Vai has. But mine was an ugly wine red color. then i got another, a 550 series, and then a Jem, and then i made a custom one, and another, and another.........and then the rest is history. Ive got 5 now.
Roosevelt
Newcomer

My first Ibanez was an EX1500. It was a little less than desirable (the color, pickguard, and gold hardware were beautiful though), but Ibanez's have improved in quality now and I am really contemplating getting a JEM or a JS series guitar.

For your other questions, I'd say go to a music store and try many different shapes and sounds of guitars before choosing one for life persay, but there are PLENTY of upper grade ibanez RG series guitars out there. p.s.- I would definitely put the Evos in it
bkornaker1977

j.arledge

bkornaker1977 wrote:Image

you dirty bastard, thats no fare
j1mi_h3ndrix

i dont like ibanez
mi2tom

My first Ibanez is a gio Ibanez which is cheap but it's alright
1118916GB

how can you guys buy JEM's like that? They are like $2000 dollars. All that for a guitar which is the same as the top-of-the-line RG.
kobaL

bkornaker1977 wrote:Image
Woah you've got some nice guitars :P
I'm getting the JEM 7 for my Bday !.. :)
It's the same as the 2nd one on the left but it has a Hand grip in it :twisted:
Logic

mejia wrote:im 13 years olkd i i just got my first ibanez 4 months ago. i love my guitar its an rg350ex i love the sound the feel of the neck and the bridge. but im gonna change the humbuckers to evolution dimarzio pickups. but i want to use an ibanez for the rest of my life. now if you own an ibanez i want to hear if u like it?? or not ??? if you want to stay with ibanez or not??
You bet. I have this same guitar with Evolutions on it already. Its fantastic. My main axe will always be in an Ibanez™.