Ibanez JPM !

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
SinTrade
Newcomer

Ibanez JPM !

#1 Post by SinTrade » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:34 am

I thinking of buying JPM100P3 (thats the John Petrucci model) so has any1 here got that guitar ? how is it ?

SinTrade

byzee

#2 Post by byzee » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:54 am

Good to see you here Sin Trade. Perhaps we can convert some other DT net surfers.........

Word

#3 Post by Word » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:19 am

If they play as good as the EB/MM models.. then they should play amazing.

One thing I noticed though.. the EB/MM has smaller frets compared to the Ibanez with jumbos. Why did he change?

I personally don't mind small or big frets, or scale length, bolt on, set neck, neck thru, etc. etc. :D

But, from all the people I have known that had them they say that they play amazing.

greg

#4 Post by greg » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:09 pm

Depends on whether you can live with the graphic or not, really, IMO.

Chris Brooks

#5 Post by Chris Brooks » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:14 pm

I have a P4 that was given to me for next to nothing by the Ibanez importers here in Australia. I used it on my last solo album and it's quite a smooth guitar feel-wise and sound-wise. There are a few things I would change about it, but as it is you can use it for quite a few diufferent sounds. It doesn't all have to be about sounding like DT.

Junebughunter

#6 Post by Junebughunter » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:52 pm

I played the p4 once back in the day when he was still with Ibanez, I just remember setting it back down thinking "I would like to own one some day" They are good but not astonishingly great IMHO. I say get a EBMM JPM...those guitars are absolutly amazing...the are just about as good as my jem

Lake of desire

JPM

#7 Post by Lake of desire » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:40 am

I own a JPM100P4 and in my oppinion it's a great guitar both playing and graphic wise (the camouflage isn't as "bad" as the other ones). The clean "in between" sound (the center two coils of both pick-ups engaged) is really unique and may put some people off but I like it. When distorted the neck humbucker is extremly clear and so is the bridge humbucker. I suggest you do what i did, spend a day in a guitar store filled with Ibanez guitars and walk away with the one you like best. :wink:

Junebughunter

Re: JPM

#8 Post by Junebughunter » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:15 pm

Lake of desire wrote:I own a JPM100P4 and in my oppinion it's a great guitar both playing and graphic wise (the camouflage isn't as "bad" as the other ones). The clean "in between" sound (the center two coils of both pick-ups engaged) is really unique and may put some people off but I like it. When distorted the neck humbucker is extremly clear and so is the bridge humbucker. I suggest you do what i did, spend a day in a guitar store filled with Ibanez guitars and walk away with the one you like best. :wink:
You might even want to try other guitars...Ibanez is good, but not the only company out there. If you are in the market for a great guitar I would reccomend a Music Man guitar....or a parker or maybe even a Carvin...they are great guitars. Don't have an opinion about any guitar until you play it

SinTrade
Newcomer

#9 Post by SinTrade » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:13 am

byzee wrote:Good to see you here Sin Trade. Perhaps we can convert some other DT net surfers.........
hehe hello m8..let the convert begin :D

mmm

#10 Post by 962 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:26 pm

Yeah Junbughunter is certainly right in saying check out other stuff.

No matter what other people tell you, o what cr*p you read in magazines, only you can judge whether or not you're buying the right guitar. You know what feels good, sounds good, and plays good for you.

Check out anything in the same kind of price range/specification, so look at good quality Strats, check out PRS, EB/MM, Other Ibanez guitars, Jackson..........there's plenty out there.

Oh, anybody any opinions on Maverick? i wanna try one but haven't had the opportunity yet.

JPM is kinda cool............what pickups does it have?

SinTrade
Newcomer

Re: mmm

#11 Post by SinTrade » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:01 am

962 wrote: JPM is kinda cool............what pickups does it have?
JPM100P1 has Dimarzio pickups (Norton Lite in neck position and Steve's Special in bridge position)
JPM100P2,3,4,90HAM have Dimarzio pickups (Air Norton in neck position and Steve's Special in bridge position)

nyr40x94

Re: JPM

#12 Post by nyr40x94 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:29 pm

Junebughunter wrote:
Lake of desire wrote:I own a JPM100P4 and in my oppinion it's a great guitar both playing and graphic wise (the camouflage isn't as "bad" as the other ones). The clean "in between" sound (the center two coils of both pick-ups engaged) is really unique and may put some people off but I like it. When distorted the neck humbucker is extremly clear and so is the bridge humbucker. I suggest you do what i did, spend a day in a guitar store filled with Ibanez guitars and walk away with the one you like best. :wink:
You might even want to try other guitars...Ibanez is good, but not the only company out there. If you are in the market for a great guitar I would reccomend a Music Man guitar....or a parker or maybe even a Carvin...they are great guitars. Don't have an opinion about any guitar until you play it

CARVIN makes beautifil guitars. I just got one a few months ago and I'm blown away by the feel of the guitar. It plays like a dream.

atifman

#13 Post by atifman » Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:28 am

i heard that a nice thing about JPM's is that the volume knob is out of the way of your picking hand, and that's good for people who constantly hit the volume knob on a guitar where it's really close to the bridge.