What is the best guitar you have ever played?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
godin rocks

What is the best guitar you have ever played?

#1 Post by godin rocks » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:15 am

Somone please tell me if this has already been posted, i tried a topic search but it wasn't working.

So what is the best guitar you have ever played? This applies to looks, playability, sound, electronics, whatever makes that guitar the best that you have played.

Personally the best i've played was a Carvin DC 127, but it was customized to match the DC 400. First off, it was beautiful, it had a figured wlnut body that was just gorgeous. I it had differnet pickups as well.I think it had Dimarzio Steve's Special and PAF Joe pickups.the neck was amazing, my friend said it had a 14 inche radious. HE also got a Wilkinson bridge so he could get the fishman pickup installed into the bridge. it also had sperzel tuners. the action was also great very very low. all in all it was the best guitar i have ever played.

bancika

#2 Post by bancika » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:20 pm

As for playability some RG (don't know model) with changed body from mahagony

Logic

#3 Post by Logic » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:56 pm

Mine! RG250DX I have it set up very nicely!
My brothers 78 Les Paul has a great deal of sentimental value and also played like a dream. I learned on that one. A buddies Gretch. Chet Atkins Country Gentalman. Very old. Had more chrome than a 57 Chevy. Smoothest guitar I ever played. Creamy, I don't know how to explain that guitar. Same buddy has the Stratiest Strat I have ever played. Had more of that Strat tone than any other Strat I have ever played. I played the Guild Accoustic once I would have loved to own. I can't even remeber who's guitar that was but I can remeber playing it and wanting one that played and sounded as great.
Writing this make something come to mind. That is all the really high end guitars I have played that didn't even play or sound as good as alot of the middle of the road guitars I have played... Hmmmm....

mi2tom

#4 Post by mi2tom » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:20 pm

the jem is the greatest

Proview

#5 Post by Proview » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:55 am

RG 2620QM Sapphire Blue (discontinued model) 8)

Ryan Layton
Banned

#6 Post by Ryan Layton » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:25 am

The best guitar I have ever played is easily my Fender '69 Telecaster Reissue

godin rocks

#7 Post by godin rocks » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:57 am

gimme some details on that tele.

Ryan Layton
Banned

#8 Post by Ryan Layton » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:25 pm

It is mahogany and simi hollow. Other than that, it is a pretty standard tele. The guys at the store that i got it from set it up so perfectly. It pretty much plays itself. That and my strat are so perfect. It's the tone I've always dreamed of.

On that note, I should mention that I go for a tone that is sort of warm, lightly distorted, and really smooth. Almost like jazz, but not quite. It's hard to explain, but it's not shred or anything close.

Knyq

#9 Post by Knyq » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:34 pm

my carvin DC400C

mxer

#10 Post by mxer » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:05 pm

i played a floral jem once and deceided it was the best. then i realized it was too much power for 1 man to have soo I took a gaint,steaming dump on it. then i used the floyd rose bar as a catapalt to fling poo at the store attendant because he's german and you know what those dirty germans do on the internet! :shock:

GTR-MAN

#11 Post by GTR-MAN » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:50 am

mxer wrote:i played a floral jem once and deceided it was the best. then i realized it was too much power for 1 man to have soo I took a gaint,steaming dump on it. then i used the floyd rose bar as a catapalt to fling poo at the store attendant because he's german and you know what those dirty germans do on the internet! :shock:
What's this racist comment supposed to mean ? It doesn't seem to be on topic.

The best guitar I've played is a Jem of course !

mxer

#12 Post by mxer » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:51 pm

GTR-MAN wrote:
mxer wrote:i played a floral jem once and deceided it was the best. then i realized it was too much power for 1 man to have soo I took a gaint,steaming dump on it. then i used the floyd rose bar as a catapalt to fling poo at the store attendant because he's german and you know what those dirty germans do on the internet! :shock:
What's this racist comment supposed to mean ? It doesn't seem to be on topic.

The best guitar I've played is a Jem of course !
not on topic?this is a thread about the best guitar you ever played,right.soo i said about the floral jem.and the story of how i realized the floral was too good a instrument for me or anybody else.by the way,im part germ an,so have a since of humor.i do. and do germans really count as thier own race?do they qualify as''white"?

Vix

#13 Post by Vix » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:35 am

Ibanez AT100

lotus_girl

#14 Post by lotus_girl » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:19 am

does jean paul gaultier make guitars? :?

EyE

#15 Post by EyE » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:45 pm

lotus_girl wrote:does jean paul gaultier make guitars? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You crack me up!!! :wink: