Floyd Rose or Edge Tremolo Systems?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.

FR or Edge?

Floyd Rose
7%
Floyd Rose
7%
Floyd Rose
7%
Floyd Rose
7%
Edge
18%
Edge
18%
Edge
18%
Edge
18%

Total votes: 84
Y_Hui

They seem to be the same, but which do you guys prefer, and why?
Andelusion

Edge (Lo-pro), more comfortable, more aesthetically pleasing, better flutter, all in my opinion of course :)
ppvai

Andelusion wrote:Edge (Lo-pro), more comfortable, more aesthetically pleasing, better flutter, all in my opinion of course :)
+1 :peace
MR4Y

some people tell me that Floyd Rose "are brute" with the notes and detune all time(all this guys that say that have an Ibanez with Edge or Lo Pro Bridges). I never played a guitar with a Floyd Rose(most part of guitars that I played have the "Edge" trems or the Gotoh line), but the "Edge" bridges have more smooth action(In my opnion).
StoleN GuitaR

MR4Y wrote:some people tell me that Floyd Rose "are brute" with the notes and detune all time(all this guys that say that have an Ibanez with Edge or Lo Pro Bridges). I never played a guitar with a Floyd Rose(most part of guitars that I played have the "Edge" trems or the Gotoh line), but the "Edge" bridges have more smooth action(In my opnion).
I agree completely,
I own 1 guitar with a Floyd, 1 with an Edge, and 2 with Lo-Pro's.
The ibanez Trems, edge/lo-pro, are alot nicer to play.
They are smoother and have less groaning when dive bombing
MR4Y

StoleN GuitaR wrote:
MR4Y wrote:some people tell me that Floyd Rose "are brute" with the notes and detune all time(all this guys that say that have an Ibanez with Edge or Lo Pro Bridges). I never played a guitar with a Floyd Rose(most part of guitars that I played have the "Edge" trems or the Gotoh line), but the "Edge" bridges have more smooth action(In my opnion).
I agree completely,
I own 1 guitar with a Floyd, 1 with an Edge, and 2 with Lo-Pro's.
The ibanez Trems, edge/lo-pro, are alot nicer to play.
They are smoother and have less groaning when dive bombing
yeah, but I think that the only problem is "that plastic pieces" in the tremolo arm of the "edges" :lol:
StoleN GuitaR

MR4Y wrote: yeah, but I think that the only problem is "that plastic pieces" in the tremolo arm of the "edges" :lol:
"that plastic pieces" = Bushes

These can be a problem when they get worn out, making the trem-arm "limp" and very loose, These can be replaced, solving the problem,

MR4Y

StoleN GuitaR wrote:
MR4Y wrote: yeah, but I think that the only problem is "that plastic pieces" in the tremolo arm of the "edges" :lol:
"that plastic pieces" = Bushes

These can be a problem when they get worn out, making the trem-arm "limp" and very loose, These can be replaced, solving the problem,

sure, but this bushes are almost very hard to find in some stores
StoleN GuitaR

there's always some on EvilBay going really cheap.
i suggest you stay away from buying them through a dealer,
Dealers always ad their own "retail costs"
mi2tom

Lo pro is great
Birdman

"Dealers always ad their own "retail costs"

Yeah, wouldn't want them staying open now would we? lol

I haven't used the GOOD Lo pro's etc, I have the Jem555, and that trem sux. Just put the floyd rose in and it's saweeeeeeeeeeeet.
Igor

it depends if you are talking about ORIGINAL and Schaller floyd roses or licenced ones AND if you are talking about the ORIGINAL edge or the cheap ones.

these trems are the only ones i consider good.

and OFR sounds better than any other knockoff out there. the edge is also a very nice (albeit HUGE) trem

the other edges suck. (by the way, the floyd rose pro is the same design as the edge lo-pro so dont be bullshitting that the floyd roses arent comfortable to play)
dont be such ibanez fanboys here. i thought my schaller was gonna pack up and leave when i got home from the concert, but it's still in tune. i broke my friends edge on his ibanez 470 and didnt do half of the things i do with my guitar. bought him an OFR for compensation and he cant believe how he could have played that POS unit

thing is, you alse need to set them up to perfection and a lot of people just dont bother with it, saying it sucks imediately

but floyds in stores (not music 123 of musiciansfiend/gutiar center) go for 180$ AFAIK. sometimes you can make a deal. stop being such sheep and stop fueling MF, M123 and GC. the sooner you stop buying from them, the sooner they go out of business
godin rocks

floyd.
just because ive had more experience with it