I Finally Get It

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Post Reply
aerophonik
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:43 pm

I think I finally understand all that stuff about what a Jem does to you when it comes to playing guitar. I can't afford a full fledged Jem, but I do have a Jem Jr and I just don't understand it. I just can't seem to do ANYTHING but play guitar...I mean, I wake up an extra hour before the school bus comes (so that means I wake up at 6:00) just to play guitar. Then when I come home I play for another 2 hours, work, then play until 1:00 am and repeat. Its just incredible, and I just don't understand why! Any ideas about why you just play and play and play when you own a Jem? Its never happened to me before with any of my previous 3 guitars. Has this happened to anyone else?
User avatar
jemgirl
Member
Member
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:21 pm

i know the answer!!!!!!1

ITS BECAUSE ITS A JEM!!!!!!!!!
there`s simply no other answer,those jem`s are.........magic.
when i even look at my jem555,my heard beats faster.
its the feeling,the body,the sound,the whole guitar got something!!

ITS A JEM!!!!!

patricia
merlinlake78
Member
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 8:07 am

Yess I totally agree here.. Those guitars are really fantastic.
When U get to know your guitar better..It starts to sound better
and better.. And that neck and those Dimarzio's really take the
most credit .. Its just a perfect combination.

Greetzz

Benny .. aka .Merlinlake78
Vaimaster
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:18 pm

What do you think they call it a Jem for? Steve designed the Jem to allow him to explore all boundaries of his playing. IE, deep cutaway, lions' claw, etc... This effect seems to lie in all proud jem owners.
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

Vaimaster wrote:What do you think they call it a Jem for? Steve designed the Jem to allow him to explore all boundaries of his playing. IE, deep cutaway, lions' claw, etc... This effect seems to lie in all proud jem owners.
the guy that first made Steve's guitar(the flame guitars etc etc)
His Label was "JEM". When steve was aproached by Ibanez for a signature guitar and a name. They "bought" the name JEM off this guy.
i can't remember who he is..
someone here will know the exact details no doubt
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

StoleN GuitaR wrote:
Vaimaster wrote:What do you think they call it a Jem for? Steve designed the Jem to allow him to explore all boundaries of his playing. IE, deep cutaway, lions' claw, etc... This effect seems to lie in all proud jem owners.
the guy that first made Steve's guitar(the flame guitars etc etc)
His Label was "JEM". When steve was aproached by Ibanez for a signature guitar and a name. They "bought" the name JEM off this guy.
i can't remember who he is..
someone here will know the exact details no doubt
quoting myself here


Joe Despagni made the early JEM's
http://vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar050.html
User avatar
SRVoodoo
Member
Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:14 pm

the answer is that you're young enough to be waiting for
the school bus to arrive!
you have no responsabilities!
Jems ARE awsome but I did the same thing
while playing a Westone Spectrum SX!!!!!!

it's all about how much time & energy you have to
devote to your playing.
Wait & see how it goes after you've been holding down a job
for a few years & have to struggle to pay the rent.
THEN tell me about how much you still play your guitar.

I don't mean to be a prick but, been there, done that!
User avatar
SRVoodoo
Member
Member
Posts: 802
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:14 pm

wow!
who in the hell wrote that?????

Jems ARE awsome guitars & yes, they do make you
want to play them more & more.
....as long as you can keep good strings on them :wink:
User avatar
brentm
Member
Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 7:14 am

I have fun on all my guitars :)

JEM's are beautiful guitars. Although I don't think the guitar is responsible for your hours of practice/playing..

I can't really fault you for having it good. My parents were pretty generous to my music habit when I was younger...

But the magic really is between your ears :P
Real_Confusions
Member
Member
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 am

SRVoodoo wrote:wow!
who in the hell wrote that?????

Jems ARE awsome guitars & yes, they do make you
want to play them more & more.
....as long as you can keep good strings on them :wink:
lmao

Split personalities.
merlinlake78
Member
Member
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 8:07 am

ooh joyy ... yess split personality's .. Love them

a good amp could add to the magic as wel
StoleN GuitaR
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:46 am

brentm wrote:I have fun on all my guitars :)

JEM's are beautiful guitars. Although I don't think the guitar is responsible for your hours of practice/playing..

I can't really fault you for having it good. My parents were pretty generous to my music habit when I was younger...

But the magic really is between your ears :P
wax
mental speedin
Member
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:40 pm

yeah i know a guy that very often misses lunch because he is playin his jem 8) its madness
aerophonik
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:43 pm

i mean im not even very good but anything i play sounds great....nothing to the degree of some of the maniacs on this forum =P but it works! if i get into a good university im going to reward myself with a full fledged 7VWH
Rahab
Member
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:23 pm

SRVoodoo wrote:the answer is that you're young enough to be waiting for
the school bus to arrive!
you have no responsabilities!
Jems ARE awsome but I did the same thing
while playing a Westone Spectrum SX!!!!!!

it's all about how much time & energy you have to
devote to your playing.
Wait & see how it goes after you've been holding down a job
for a few years & have to struggle to pay the rent.
THEN tell me about how much you still play your guitar.

I don't mean to be a prick but, been there, done that!

True ! I played guitar 10 hours a day when I was in school, any more I'm lucky to have time to noodle scales for an hour while I watch TV =(
Post Reply