Strap holder

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
dweezil 9

It seems that the screw holding in the strap on the side of my JPM has worn away teh wood and slips out, any idea how i can fix this? I don't really want to fuck around with it too much, and it is old so yeah, thanks for any help!
StoleN GuitaR

fill the hole and re-screw it in.
Use wood filler. (let it dry first)
I woul list you a couple brands but i don't think you could get them where you are.
Big Bad Bill

A simpler, less messy way to repair this is to place half a hardwood cocktail stick (or matches will suffice) into the screw hole ensuring none is protruding. As you screw the screw back into place, it'll bite into the cocktail stick/match push outwards and firmly hold the screw in place! I did this years ago and have never had to redo it!
jemgirl

Big Bad Bill wrote:A simpler, less messy way to repair this is to place half a hardwood cocktail stick (or matches will suffice) into the screw hole ensuring none is protruding. As you screw the screw back into place, it'll bite into the cocktail stick/match push outwards and firmly hold the screw in place! I did this years ago and have never had to redo it!
that`s what did to with my jem555.
put a half hardwood cocktail stick in the hole to fill it up. 8)
dweezil 9

Big Bad Bill wrote:A simpler, less messy way to repair this is to place half a hardwood cocktail stick (or matches will suffice) into the screw hole ensuring none is protruding. As you screw the screw back into place, it'll bite into the cocktail stick/match push outwards and firmly hold the screw in place! I did this years ago and have never had to redo it!
Really? Thanks a lot i'll give it a try. I appoligize for my past negative comments towards you, i'm an arrogant teenager.
al

yep what bill said!

i used a matchstick, cut it up into lil pieces, put it some in the hole, add some glue.... - done that 3 times, then i screwed a bigger screw i the hole, now it works fine :)
Big Bad Bill

No worries, dweezil 9, we all get hot under the collar at times!

brother al, you don't even need glue-it's so simple!
GTR-MAN

You can also use toothpicks too.
al

Big Bad Bill wrote:No worries, dweezil 9, we all get hot under the collar at times!

brother al, you don't even need glue-it's so simple!
i know but i wanted that bad boy to stay in there forever and ever and EVER!!!!!!!!!!! :D 8)

:guitar
Vaimaster

dweezil 9 wrote:
Really? Thanks a lot i'll give it a try. I appoligize for my past negative comments towards you, i'm an arrogant teenager.
Now, do you see how music and technical problems bring us all closer together? I love this.
dweezil 9

Haha, good times.