Morley Bad Horsie Pedal, To Keep or Not to Keep?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
BigBadMoFoGangsta

I bought this pedal a month ago and Im not overly impressed with it. I've noticed that when the pedal comes on theres a noticeable kind of hum noise. I just can't seem to make up my mind on this. I've had it a month and I find myself hardly using it. Can anyone offer me some advice on this. If I had to decide on keeping it now based on how much I've used it it would be going back. I just dont want to end up needing it in the future.
Frank S
Newcomer

Hey I also own a bad horsie. When you are using too much preamp gain and the pedal is too close to the amp you may hear that hum. I also have that when i'm playing at home. When I'm on stage and I can use less gain on the amp (cause I play fairly loud then) I hardly have a hum in my sound. But you only hear it when you press the pedal but don't play a note right? When you keep playing you also won't hear it!
changer

hey,

Its obviously up to you, if you like it keep it, if you dont sell it.
You can always get another one if you feel the need.

Personally I think its a great pedal for what its designed for.
To me its more of an expression pedal, for lightly highlighting parts of a solo or other things you want to stand out. Love the narrow sweep, switchless pedal, killer sound. And mine is as quiet as a mouse ( used with a power supply ). I dont go much for an over the top wah filter range.
Think that sounds a bit artificial, where the BH2 ( in my case ) sounds really natural.
stratocastermaster

if you dont want it ill take it off your hands.... is there a price?
RAR!

<edit: No Classifieds Allowed. Take it to PM>
GTR-MAN

I love mine, and don't get any hum. I think my noise gate must take care of it, because I've never had any hum.
harrishawker
Newcomer

Hi
I used to get a slight hum with mine until i used another power supply. Also a friend of mine had same trouble he switched supplies and knocked the input up to 12v...no hum

might work....hope it does!!
Real_Confusions

GTR-MAN wrote:I love mine, and don't get any hum. I think my noise gate must take care of it, because I've never had any hum.
What noise gate do you use?
Alien
Newcomer

A Wah named after a Song where Steve is Drowning in Gain should be able to go through any Preamp really, i would have thought. I use and recomend the new Wylde Wah. It can take stacks of Gain
Real_Confusions

Alien wrote:A Wah named after a Song where Steve is Drowning in Gain should be able to go through any Preamp really, i would have thought. I use and recomend the new Wylde Wah. It can take stacks of Gain
Go do that somewhere else! :twisted:

jk
GTR-MAN

Real_Confusions wrote:
GTR-MAN wrote:I love mine, and don't get any hum. I think my noise gate must take care of it, because I've never had any hum.
What noise gate do you use?
It's a Digitech, built into my GNX4.
Alien
Newcomer

Real_Confusions wrote:
Alien wrote:A Wah named after a Song where Steve is Drowning in Gain should be able to go through any Preamp really, i would have thought. I use and recomend the new Wylde Wah. It can take stacks of Gain
Go do that somewhere else! :twisted:

jk
Go and do what somewhere else?
Wis Redz of Silvanost

use a switch based wah. I never liked these switchless thingies... But iif you like it use it man!
GTR-MAN

I remember reading somewhere about these that if you use a power supply you get more hum than if you use a battery. I don't have a power supply so I can't tell either way. Don't know if that matters.
hendrix_fan929
Newcomer

hehehehehe i bought an ibanez weeping demon and it kix bootay!!!!! if u wanna sell ur morley then buy a demon. it is an amazing wah