WE WANT THE EDGE BACK!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.

Bring Edge Trem Back??

yes
13%
yes
13%
yes
13%
yes
13%
no
12%
no
12%
no
12%
no
12%

Total votes: 104
jem_fanatic

who would like ibanez to bring back the original edge on some of theyre models? it was the best trem ever made in my opinion.
miker

I'm kinda likin' the edge pro... I got 2 Ibanez guitars, one with original edge and an edge pro.

Edge Pro certainly is more stable if you rest your wrist on the bridge -- neglecting the use of a tremsetter. Stays in tune quite well for divebombs and also pulling up on the bar all the way -- returns to tune from either direction. Warbles great...

Jury's still out on long term effects without locking posts...

I think Steve uses the edge 'cuz he's used to it with the tremsetter.
Fret Melter

The Edge Pro is their best in my opinion. Absolute perfection. Have had no problems with it what soever!!! No need for any other. This is the one.
SRVoodoo

I vote an emphatic YES! Bring back the Original Edge with the H block!
I have an RG with the Edge on it & a jem with the Edge-Pro.
I think the Edge operates more smoothly, although the edge-pro's improvements are better. I just think the original is more balanced.
AND BRING BACK THE LOCKING STUDS!!!!!!!
dave_777

I find the original Edge easier to use, but the low pro looks cool and stays in tune so well.
Instead, how about a poll to bring back the tremsetter as standard on high end guitars?

Dave.

Yeah I'd definitely reconsider new Ibanez gear if it was Edge-equipped. I had a jem with the Lo-Pro Edge on it, the last of the jem's built before the Edge Pro was brought into action. The Lo-Pro wasn't bad.....muc, much better than the Edge Pro which I just can't get on with.

The Edge Pro has a nasty tendancy to break. The Edge Pro II doesn't fracture during restringing any more, but it's still a piece of sh*t. The Edge may have been bulky, but all that weight gave it much stronger tone and it's movement was very consistent. The Lo-Pro Edge also had pretty good consistency, much better than the ZR, Edge Pro and Lo-TRS II.
miker

I imagine Steve Vai is using Edge Pro trems on his new Black Horsies... or black jems as I think he calls them.

From promo pics I've seen... seems like an Edge Pro. Is that right?
SRVoodoo

The standard production "Bad Horsie's" come with the Edge-Pro.
Steve's Bad Horsie looks to me like it has a Lo-Pro on it.
photo borrowed from "Steve's Guitars"
http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar113.html
Wempukkah

The Edge Pro operates much more stable than the edge or lo-pro...and stays in tune the best as well. The Lo-Pro was best for me, it warbles so nicely...although the original floyd rose warbles best imo. :D