New Extreme Metal Ibanez

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Virturoso
Newcomer

Hey i was wondering if anyone has ever played the new Ibanez S520EX metal guitar??? What is a zero resistance tremelo??
Wempukkah

You can get more info about the ZR tremolo on www.ibanez.com
It features a D-tuner upgrade for easy change on alternate tunings.
The actual Zero Point system adjustment can be set by hand, with no need for a hex wrench. It features roller bearings instead of a knife-edge for smooter movement. :D
Naffis-kun

Metal Ibanez?
You talking about the Bad Horsie?
Wempukkah

No, he's talking about the new S520EX. :shock:
RoadStarII

Wempukkah wrote:No, he's talking about the new S520EX. :shock:
lol burn
huckmonkey90

I checked one of these out at my local shop. So awesome and so thin!! The new tremolo is cutting edge technology. It has a similar action to the traditional floyd style trem, except that yes there is an optional D-tuner that fits right on PLUS in the backplate of the trem there is a big cog wheel that protrudes a little for super fast fine tunings to the trem. Also, there is a kind of built in tremsetter, but it is different from the fender kind that functions as a funky spring; this is actually built into the main metal body of the trem unit, functioning similarly but more effectively to a fender style. With this trem you don't to compensate-bend the other strings when bending one note in a chord.............so cool
mxer

I've played one too. the new tremsetter type thing is damn ccol for being stock, but the guitar itself was disappionting.Most of the korean s type i've played sound dead and compressed.If your running one thru a screaming Randall, you wont really care to much, but if your going for something more dynamic and toneful, its probaly not gonna work for you.
mxer

I've played one too. the new tremsetter type thing is damn ccol for being stock, but the guitar itself was disappionting.Most of the korean s type i've played sound dead and compressed.If your running one thru a screaming Randall, you wont really care to much, but if your going for something more dynamic and toneful, its probaly not gonna work for you.