Blink 182 breaks up

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Mr. Canadian

Good. Fuckin crap MTV band. Targeted and marketed to the most vunerable demographic: teenagers (particularly girls) by running around naked in their videos etc...only if teens knew how see through the BS and not vote on the stuff with the $. Protecting, celebrating & voting for mediocrity makes me puke! The pop game wins again! Popularity and hits don't = substance or even worth. Where's the profundity, skill..talent, originality etc..???? There is none.

Read HERE to gain some insight and to see how 'hits' are REALLY manufactured by a corrupt industry.
bbkane

mroppy wrote:I think Blink-182 was a tremendously talented band. First off, no one can touch Travis' drumming because it is completely ridiculous. Second of all, they became polished artists over time. They had OVER A DOZEN hit songs in their career. If they weren't talented, they might have gotten lucky and had ONE hit. The ability to write that many hit songs and stay in the game so long is a talent.

Oppy
A lot of people thought Hitler was good, does that make him good?
A lot of people think Ashlee Simpson is a good singer..does that make her good?
The masses have been wrong before.
Saying ohh they had a bunch of hits they must be good.
Judging anything by how popular it is is dangerous
mroppy
VIP
VIP

"Saying ohh they had a bunch of hits they must be good.
Judging anything by how popular it is is dangerous"

That wasn't my argument. My argument is that just because something is popular doesn't mean that it's good. I find their "Enema of the State" album and their live album to both be wildly entertaining.

Also, Blink-182 is MUCH different than Ashlee Simpson and I don't think it's fair to compare them. They lived out of a van crashing on people's couches for over a year touring. They went out and made it for themselves, which I feel is very commendable, AND they've improved as musicians over the years which I also feel is commendable. They've worked very hard on their music and on their career. They also spawned a whole legion of wanna-be bands, which I think is cool. I think Blink-182 is critically underrated.

Anyway, comparing Blink-182 to HITLER is COMPLETELY ridiculous.

Oppy
bytorsnow

My daughter ask me to go with her to see blink-182 and although she had a blast and i was familiar with there music i just could not get into them.granted they worked there a** off to get were they were going.sorry to all there fans. :cry:
The Prez

V41 wrote:
EVO 555 wrote:
shader wrote: :lol:
what is so funny man lets not discriminate blink cause on this board people take the piss outta blink and on the blink fourm ppl will take the piss outta steve i like both bands so im not saying anything more
It's because of what The Prez said, he meant to say...

"Just because something isn't complex doesn't mean it's not good," but he didn't.

That's what I thought, anyway. :oops:
No, double negative. BTW please no comparrisons to hitler, that is way offensing for the person who did that.
asimon

:o OHHHH NOOOOOO!!!! i wanna cry!!!
BadHorsie0312

well i can say this...

no more cringing to the sounds of tom delonge!!!

travis, yes he was amazing.

pa
evandlh

I'm not hurt.
GuitarStrings

The only punk band I like is Green Day.
And I actually am pretty happy that Blink breaks up. :)
evandlh

not a problem for me.
ultrazone_seeker

i thought Adam's Song was ok, that was it.
satchvai

mroppy wrote: First off, no one can touch Travis' drumming because it is completely...
Ever hear of Mike Portnoy? While I strongly dislike all of punk music, i am upset for my brother, who is a huge Blink 182 fan.
TheMessiah

I wasn't a fan of them but I found them funny.
I think Blink 182 knew they were crap muso's but funny guys.
That's why they had the funny film clips and simple songs.(Some had catchy choruses)
I wish I had half of their success. (but not playing the crap they played)
My only concern is that now we'll proberly have 3 more sound alike commercial punk bands as each member starts again.

:twisted: :twisted:
brainpolice

1 down, about 3 more big ones to go: Sum41, Good Charlette, Simple Plan.
EVO 555

i like sum 41 and good charlotte but simple plan suck my chemical romance are good check them out