Blink 182 breaks up

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Ryan Layton
Banned

im sure that just made alot of people happy
mroppy
VIP
VIP

Is that confirmed? Last I heard it was still a rumor.

I actually really like "Enema of the State." I think it's a hilarious album. And Travis can sure play the drums.

Chris
V41

My whole "Advanced Instrumental Workshop" class is going to be sad.

... :lol:
weapon

Good! What a bunch of Dinks..... :lol:
Ryan Layton
Banned

its true now... its on their official site
Lucky

Real Illusions out today and now this. Life is good. :D
realgreenfire

cool, wondered when, but there stuff was the first stuff i learned

steve
Birdman

They might suck, but if you're in a covers band and playing at a pub or club, play a Vai song, and then play Blink 182 song. I'm betting you get people lookin at you funny with Steve's work and goin nuts with Blink. Haha. No they're not musical genius's but they sure do make playin in a covers band easy. Haha Thanks guys.
Ryan Layton
Banned

wow, i just found out that Head left Korn on the same day!
EVO 555

i love blink 182 i dont want them to split up tom is so funny mak takes the piss outta himself and travis can really play the drums i am currently listning to blink and to me they rock
Viva La Revolucion

It's about time
brainpolice

Good riddance, I always hated them - but remeber that if it was one your favorite bands that broke up you wouldn't feel to good about it. If, say, Malmsteen died all of a sudden or Vai quit making music, you'd all be pretty much weeping about it, not talking bad about them. So this might be a hip-hip=horay for me but I find it ironic that if the case was a shredder or an instrumental rock artist noone would be going hip-hip-horray. l8
Roy Boy

brainpolice wrote:Good riddance, I always hated them - but remeber that if it was one your favorite bands that broke up you wouldn't feel to good about it.
:lol: well duh! I didn't hate them, but don't really care that they're quitting...there's still all the music they made to go around!
shacks

I just read despite the 'official' management announcement on their site they are NOT splitting. I couldent care less either way...

shacks
acoates

"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

from official site. so they're technically not splitting up but it basically means theyre unlikely to resume