NONE RADIO hosted by Rich Pike & Mike Keneally

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
betty balls
Newcomer

NONE RADIO hosted by Rich Pike & Mike Keneally

#1 Post by betty balls » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:32 pm

Has anyone else here been listening to None Radio hosted by Rich Pike and Mike Keneally at http://www.noneradio.com ....... I think others here would like it too, I've been listening for a while (even though there's no Keneally this week) ..... lots of guitar, Zappa, etc (look at the play list page) NICE :)

WellDressedLoser
Newcomer

#2 Post by WellDressedLoser » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:38 pm

YES! I've listened since the 1st show. It's the best radio ever, period. No reason for me to turn on real radio ever again. Instead of one great song every few hours if you're lucky, it's all f-ing fantastic for the whole show.

I'm waiting for Reeves Gabrels (David Bowie's guitarist) to cohost soon, they keep saying it's coming up but no date... do you know?

F#Minor

#3 Post by F#Minor » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:47 am

Hey I don't have broadband and just have a 56k modem.... will i be able to listen to noneradio without it stopping and starting all the time whilst it loads...?

WellDressedLoser
Newcomer

#4 Post by WellDressedLoser » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:17 am

Unfortunately no, I'm pretty sure that it's broadband only, like DSL or cable etc. One friend of mine with 56K hasn't been able to hear it at all except in chunks. But he'll catch up someday. Get DSL or cable, you'll wonder how you've lived so long without it. :)

NoneRadio
Newcomer

#5 Post by NoneRadio » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:12 pm

Hey, well, looky here! It's FUN to find people saying good things about what you're doing, yay.

Hi everybody. Yes indeed, NoneRadio has launched, and is in the 3rd month of existence already. The live show airs every Monday night at 9pm PST, Midnight EST, for 3 to 4 hours or so at http://www.noneradio.com and then the whole thing repeats 24-7 all week. It's for broadband users (DSL or better), sorry 56K!

Mike Keneally is co-captain and we also have guest co-hosts each week, all pulled from a small pool of friends who will (or already do) visit frequently, including Reeves Gabrels (guitarist - David Bowie, Tin Machine, The Cure); Joe Travers (Zappa Vaultmeister & drummer for almost everybody); Philip Bynoe ! (bassist - Steve Vai !, Tony MacAlpine etc); and others.

This coming week it's me, Keneally & Reeves Gabrels. Next week (Jun 30) it looks like me, Keneally & Steve Lukather. Ask yourself, why aren't you already listening to this?

You folks would probably really dig the music too. We've even played tracks from 'Flex-Able Leftovers', how 'bout them apples?

Check it out if you like, and I hope you dig it. It's a big huge lot of fun to do it. The link is http://www.noneradio.com and you can just launch it from there, you shouldn't need any downloads or nuthin'. If you have your usual mp3 player set as your default for streaming internet audio (and better than 56K), you should be good to go.

Thanks! Thanks also to everybody who has already e-mailed with your feedback. (Hi again everybody! Bye everybody!)

Mike Mesker rocks with the might of nineteen giants -

rp

greg

#6 Post by greg » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:32 am

I just gave it a listen last night, and it sounds quite cool, although it was rather chunky (I'm 56k but my connection was running at more like 32k last night) I should be able to get it at school, though.