Radio station coming through my guitar cab!!!!!!!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
j.arledge

i was just playing and had the volume turned down and noticed some excess nosie. So i bent down to my guitar cab and i could hear a tejano radio station.this is just weird i have never heard of anything like this. Does anyone have a cule why this is happening or has something simular happpened to anyone else. :shock:
olldigitall

The first thing I would check is your speaker cable. Not to be reduntant (just trying to help), but are you aware that speaker and instrument cables are not the same? One should be shielded and the other one shouldn't. If this is not the problem, I'm ready to suggest other possible causes and solutions :)
j.arledge

i have the same amp cables i have always used, they are standard 1/4 inch. My amp will sometimes make a loud pop, i am not sure if it is related or not though.
The Extremist

Why care? just turn your amp up and listen to some Radio :D
u2

I think one of JS songs have got a radio going on from the amp. Its a boy talking to an adult.
Bono

u2 wrote:I think one of JS songs have got a radio going on from the amp. Its a boy talking to an adult.
Yep...the begining of Flying in a Blue Dream :)
Roger

jemgirl

make sure everything is grounded!! :wink:

peace,

patricia
Henrique Henriques

jemgirl wrote:make sure everything is grounded!! :wink:
There you have it!!! :wink: :)
jemgirl

hm,hm................. :wink:
j.arledge

i checked all my stuff to try and find anything that produced hum or buzz and then i cheked the guitar and couldn't find anything different or wrong. I woke up and started playing and everthing was fine, no excess sound or radio stations coming though my cab.
Roger

It could also be poorly shielded cables. If they are, they more or less work as a gigantic radio antenna.