Cymbals

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Instrumentalrockrocks

Hello everyone (drummers),

I'm drumming for a cuple of years now and i've got a drumkit with an splash an crash, ride an hi hat and 3 toms snare and bassdrum but I don't know what I must buy now for my drumkit: china, double bass pedal, another crash, splash...... I think ther are a lot of drummers on the forum sow say it if you've buyed something and you think I must have it too... because it has got that great sound or it fits exactly right with the music i play (instrumental rock, metal, rock ((that kind of stuff))).

Many many thanks (if any of you gives me ((an)) answer(s)). 8)
brainpolice

Well it's all up to what you like. But i would personally suggest getting a nice big china cymbol. Maybe 20" or more. Those are really nice. And if you like a nice ambient kind of sound, try getting a sizzle-ride. One of those ones that has holes in it with nails. I dunno. If you wanna be like Terry Bozzio, you might be spending the next decade of your life buying cymbols LMAO. If you're really into metal/hard rock, then i would DEFNIOTLY urge you to get a double bass pedal. Just for a heads up here's one that i like: Iron Cobra.
Ricardo

Yeah man if you like metal/instrumental rock, you are over due for that other kick drum pedal. Actually just get another bass drum because it looks cool! Work on keeping 16ths steady w/ your feet, all day long. It is an essential part of the sound IMO.

Richard
jemgirl

a nice set of roto-toms.....6,8,10 inch, or an extra bassdrum.
thatwilldo it imo. 8)

peace,

patricia