What shows have you seen?? What about them??

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
R1FSR

#31 Post by R1FSR » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:44 pm

i think we oughtta deduct some points on the prize-o-meter since R1 had to look at his concert ticket stubs to recall some of these ;)

dang it... :cry:

Mr.R1FSR Maybe we should talk about the bands you HAVEN'T seen!!!!

well there is....er...well...and..er... :lol:

actually you get better gigs in the US than we do over here in the Uk..so there is a lot that we miss out on.

summer_sky

#32 Post by summer_sky » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:37 am

tim_knox wrote:yah haha nazareth's the shit :lol:

okay im just going to go over the major ones that dont include a lot of local band and bands that are kinda big but not really

System of a Down
P.O.D.
Meshuggah
Pulse Ultra
DMB
G3 (Vai, Satch, Malmsteen)
Eric Johnson (one of my favorite shows by far)

I also saw a classical guitar concert in Boston with Daniel Lippel, it was good i liked it. It was in a church and there was only about ten people in the audience.

and...

I am going to...

Allman Brothers in august

and

Clapton on the 4th of July

all in all its a pretty weak list, probably because im poor and im only 19 soo i have time to catch up i guess

hehe, tim, what you say about Nazareth....i'm sure you mean that in the nicest possible way, right? :P

Clapton is great, i'm sure you're gonna love seeing him play live... i know i sure did :)

also, Allman Brothers should be good, too.

yeah, at 19 you have lots of time to see some great shows!

summer_sky

#33 Post by summer_sky » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:40 am

R1FSR wrote:
actually you get better gigs in the US than we do over here in the Uk..so there is a lot that we miss out on.

lol, yeah, right ..... you folks in the U.K. produce the best rock acts in history (ain't it the truth??) and then send them here for commercial success.

The Extremist

#34 Post by The Extremist » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:58 am

Iron Maiden - Dublin 2003

I went to see them on the Dance of Death tour and i was expecting lots and lots of new tracks, because thats the Maiden way now. But i was surprised how many old songs they played.

The warm up group, Funeral For A Friend, were booed off stage because they were so crap.

Maiden opened with Wildest Dreams and everybody went crazy!

The show was un-be-fooking-leaveable!

tim_knox

#35 Post by tim_knox » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:12 pm

hehe, tim, what you say about Nazareth....i'm sure you mean that in the nicest possible way, right?

haha oh you know it. My dad has an old tape in his truck that has Eagles on one side and Nazereth on the other I used to listen to it all the time haha

sixstringdominatrix
Newcomer

#36 Post by sixstringdominatrix » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:24 pm

David Bowie (3 times on the 2004 Reality Tour)
The Butchies (2 times on the 2004 Make Yr Life Tour)
The Mars Volta (2 times. One with A Perfect Circle and one on their 2004 tour)
Sleater-Kinney (1 time on the 2004 mini Tour)
Placebo (Ugh... 1 time on the 2003 Sleeping With Ghosts Tour)
A Perfect Circle (1 time on the 2004 Our First Step Tour)
Warren Haynes (1 time on the 2004 Reborn Tour)
Neil Young & Crazy Horse (1 time on the Greendale Tour and never again)
Eivls Costello (1 time with Neil Young & Crazy Horse)
In Flames (1 time on their 2004 tour and never again)
Killswitch Engage (1 time with In Flames)
Opeth (1 time on their 2004 tour)
Dream Theater (1 time on their 2004 tour)
Melissa Etheridge (1 time on her 2004 tour)

Going to see Rush and Sarah McLachlan in July. Crosby Stills & Nash in September. I want to see Joe Satriani this year, and Siouxsie & The Banshnees, Le Tigre, and some of the other bands up there again.

pinefield34

#37 Post by pinefield34 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:21 am

I guess i'll just run though a list of what i can remember...

First concert
December of 1977 boston garden

Bay City Rollers
Shaun Cassidy
Andy Gibb

then in some sort of order,but not really

The Knack
Bob Seger
Cheap Trick
Black Flag
Blue Oyster Cult/ Foghat
Tom Petty
Devo
Joe Jackson
B'52's
Phil Collins
The Clash
AC/DC 2 times
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden 2 Times
U2 8 times
The Alarm 4 Times
Springsteen way too many times :D
Billy Joel
Will Ackerman
John Fogerty/ Bonnie Raitt
Ani Difranco 5 times
BB King
Shawn Colvin
SRV/Jeff Beck
Til Tuesday/Amiee Mann
Tribe
Elton John 3 Times
James Taylor 2 times
David Bowie
Dar Williams
G3 last tour in the USA
Depeche Mode
NIN
New Order 3 Times
Alice Cooper

and a bunch more i'm sure i have forgotten...the whole age/memory thing...... :D

Might be going to see Buckethead at the Paradise in Boston at the end of the month.........

summer_sky

#38 Post by summer_sky » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:57 am

tim_knox wrote:
hehe, tim, what you say about Nazareth....i'm sure you mean that in the nicest possible way, right?

haha oh you know it. My dad has an old tape in his truck that has Eagles on one side and Nazereth on the other I used to listen to it all the time haha

hehe, i had home-made cassette tapes like that... headbanger music on one side and more mellow stuff on the other side. never knew what mood may strike so always good to be prepared :)

summer_sky

#39 Post by summer_sky » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:03 pm

hey, pinefield34, you've reminded me that i saw Foghat, too.... one of the many i forgot to put on my list.... damned memory! lol

wow, you've seen U2 8 times? cool. although, i've been a huge U2 fan for many years, i've only seen them 3 times.... during PopMart and Elevation Tours.

hehe, i stikes me kinda funny that your first concert was Bay City Rollers and Shawn Cassidy... when all your other shows are of a much harder rocking genre :)

shacks

#40 Post by shacks » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:12 pm

:D Here goes and in no order:

Joe Satraini (6)
Steve Vai (2)
G3
Iron Maiden (3)
Black Sabbath
Magnum
Thunder
Godsmack
Frank Black
WASP
The Almighty (3)
Anthrax
Adrian Legg
David Lee Roth
Metallica (4)
Faith No More
Megadeth (2)
Soundgarden
Guns N Roses
The Who
Jeff Beck
Tori Amos (2)
Roger Waters
Skid Row
Pantera
Alice Cooper
Def Leppard
Rolling Stones (2)
Queensryche
Y Malmsteen (yikes!)
Extreme
Marillion
Aerosmith
Slayer
Lost Prophets
Diamond Head
The Black Crowes
Slipknot!! (supporting Metallica before you ask!!)
Page & Plant...Ill add more when I can remember more!

shacks

pinefield34

#41 Post by pinefield34 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:16 pm

summer_sky wrote:hey, pinefield34, you've reminded me that i saw Foghat, too.... one of the many i forgot to put on my list.... damned memory! lol

wow, you've seen U2 8 times? cool. although, i've been a huge U2 fan for many years, i've only seen them 3 times.... during PopMart and Elevation Tours.

hehe, i stikes me kinda funny that your first concert was Bay City Rollers and Shawn Cassidy... when all your other shows are of a much harder rocking genre :)

i was lucky with U2.. a friend turned me on to them when the October album came out ..so i tried to catch them evry time they came around near boston....!!!
The orpheum on the War tour, then the centrum on the war tour, 2 times on the Unforgetable Fire tour, at least once for every tour EXCEPT the whole POPMART and the Elevation Tour.....which i just missed out of stupidity....

The whole Bay City Rollers concert....i went so my cousin (who was female and 15) didn't have to go with just her mom... i guess it would be comparing to seeing the Backstreet Boys or Nsync when they were at the height of thier fame.....almost couldn't hear the band because of all of the screaming... ..i was only 13, but it just turned me on to seeing a band live....after that there was no stopping me :D I would literally go see anyone if they were playing live..i was really hooked on live music.....

in my list i forgot

(I'm home now looking at my concert stubs, so yes i'm cheating)

Ozzy many times
Eric Clapton
Gary Moore
Christy Moore
Blackfoot w/ Def Leppard
Starship w 38 Special
Etc...
Etc...

lucky7

#42 Post by lucky7 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:26 pm

Wow! I feel I have led a sheltered life when I compere, let's hope my memory is on track

Dire Straits
INXS
Steve Winwood
John Farnham
Bon Jovi
Beach Boys
Billy Joel
Van Halen
Steve Vai 97
Placebo
Jeff Buckley
Kylie Minogue
Live
Phil Collins
Roxette
Bon Jovi again
Bruce Springsteen
John Mayer
Steve Vai 2000
Madonna
U2
Steve Vai 2004 (When he get's here!)
8) :D

summer_sky

#43 Post by summer_sky » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:54 pm

pinefield34 wrote:i was lucky with U2.. a friend turned me on to them when the October album came out ..so i tried to catch them evry time they came around near boston....!!!
The orpheum on the War tour, then the centrum on the war tour, 2 times on the Unforgetable Fire tour, at least once for every tour EXCEPT the whole POPMART and the Elevation Tour.....which i just missed out of stupidity....

The whole Bay City Rollers concert....i went so my cousin (who was female and 15) didn't have to go with just her mom... i guess it would be comparing to seeing the Backstreet Boys or Nsync when they were at the height of thier fame.....almost couldn't hear the band because of all of the screaming... ..i was only 13, but it just turned me on to seeing a band live....after that there was no stopping me :D I would literally go see anyone if they were playing live..i was really hooked on live music.....

wow! you saw all the early U2 tours, that is sooooooooo cool. you are lucky! 8)

oh, i know just what you mean by going to your first live show and feeling the energy and being hooked forever..... exact same thing happened to me. there is no high quite like the one that live music gives me.
i'd say not only was your cousin lucky to have you go with her to the Bay City Rollers concert, but so were you lucky to discover the joys of live music early in life :)

summer_sky

#44 Post by summer_sky » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:56 pm

oh! lucky7 reminds me that i also saw INXS in the early-mid '80's when they played a small club gig near my hometown. man, did Michael Hutchence ever have great charisma and stage presence, not to mention the fact that he could sing with such great range.

j.arledge

#45 Post by j.arledge » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:46 pm

i have seen:
seven dust
union underground
unloco
gone blind
man made god
die trying
dope (sucked big time)
saliva(sucked so bad, left aftert the 2nd song)
shinedown
seether

and thats it. I live 200 miles away from a city with more than 110,000 people my town is only about 90,000 so we dont get any really large tours or artist with some exceptions above.

The G3 tour and ozzfest are the tours that i really want to see but i doubt it will happen at least for a little while