what would u wear/wore on stage?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
guitar_love

i remeber a recent gig, i was topless had theses ripped jeans on, (i have really long black hair) and everyone was tellin me how cool i looked, and it got me thinkin about if i was ted to be really cool, wot would i wear....

steve always, manages to look cool on stage...how does he do it!!

peace
GuitarStrings

Always a Black T-Shirt and just ordinary pants(black or white).
And a lot of great music and guitar skills. :-)
sonny sixshooter

A G-string... sorry couldn't help myself.
The Extremist

sonny sixshooter wrote:A G-string... sorry couldn't help myself.
Hate to be wearing that? you would have 2 g-strings on stage :lol:

Me, if i was on stage, i would wear my Black Jeans, Black Shirt of some description and just be myself with my shitty hair.
Psychlone

Personally, one of my least favorite things about bands nowadays is that they just go on stage in any old crap they happen to be wearing, especially if they're a rock band of any sort. When you go to see a play, how much would you enjoy it if the actors came on stage in their street clothes? Remember how Hendrix used to dress? Now that was eye-catching. Or Jimmy Page's killer outfits? Pete Townshend's signature white boiler suit comes to mind, or Daltrey's fringed jacket. Or our own Mr. Vai's accoutrements? The whole point of being on stage is that you are an ENTERTAINER, visually as well as aurally. I applaud anyone who makes a concerted effort to dress for the occasion, in whatever seems appropriate for your genre.

In other words, bring on the leather. :wink:
Reaper

Psychlone wrote:Personally, one of my least favorite things about bands nowadays is that they just go on stage in any old crap they happen to be wearing, especially if they're a rock band of any sort. When you go to see a play, how much would you enjoy it if the actors came on stage in their street clothes? Remember how Hendrix used to dress? Now that was eye-catching. Or Jimmy Page's killer outfits? Pete Townshend's signature white boiler suit comes to mind, or Daltrey's fringed jacket. Or our own Mr. Vai's accoutrements? The whole point of being on stage is that you are an ENTERTAINER, visually as well as aurally. I applaud anyone who makes a concerted effort to dress for the occasion, in whatever seems appropriate for your genre.

In other words, bring on the leather. :wink:
How about Trans-Siberian Orchestra's tuxedos? :wink:
George Lynch
Newcomer

Assorted colors of Express or Armani Exhcange LONG SLEEVE (always) dress shirts. Those shirts that Steve wears. And any pair of pants that look nice with those shirts. Nice pair of dress shoes, too. An alternative would be the Joe Satriani look on the last G3 tour.
davester1234

I always perfom absolutely naked. You see, I'm a sweaty chap and I need the air flow :)
anuj

and with the rest of the band (normal clothes):

and at other times, usually shirts of musicians i dig:
(the .. artwork enhancements were done by the man himself, heh. there was an incident involving a table candle and my hair at a gig of his at the baked potato)

i do goofy things to make it fun .. hoods, capes, weird hats, masks, odd t-shirts. gets boring otherwise :D

~A
Opus131

Normal clothes.

In the end, people come for the music, right ?!?

Or maybe not...
anuj

people come to have a good time. the music must be good. anything else doesn't hurt unless there's a pretentious attitude involved. then it just gets annoying.

~A
Ryan Layton
Banned

dude... where the hell do you go to find surplus chukie cheese heads? that is such a cool idea. Can you see well?

anyway, my 2 cents:

i would wear jeans or other long pants. ive noticed that unless you want to look like you were in pearl jam, long pants are a must. black shoes, preferably boots are best. they get a good hold on the wah pedals and also make you taller. you also don't have to worry about folks saying 'look at those wack ass basketball shoes!'

I don't like long sleeves, as they make me feel funny when I play, but I think it looks pretty cool to shove the sleeves up. I like tighter shirts, and pants for that matter. They seem to give off a certian cool factor, i can't really explain it, i just like wearin em.
Vaituoso

Ryan Layton wrote:dude... where the hell do you go to find surplus chukie cheese heads? that is such a cool idea. Can you see well?

anyway, my 2 cents:

i would wear jeans or other long pants. ive noticed that unless you want to look like you were in pearl jam, long pants are a must. black shoes, preferably boots are best. they get a good hold on the wah pedals and also make you taller. you also don't have to worry about folks saying 'look at those wack ass basketball shoes!'

I don't like long sleeves, as they make me feel funny when I play, but I think it looks pretty cool to shove the sleeves up. I like tighter shirts, and pants for that matter. They seem to give off a certian cool factor, i can't really explain it, i just like wearin em.
I feel the same way about the tight shirts. It just feels better. I hate oversized clothes, especially shirts.
Ryan Layton
Banned

Assorted colors of Express or Armani Exhcange LONG SLEEVE (always) dress shirts. Those shirts that Steve wears. And any pair of pants that look nice with those shirts. Nice pair of dress shoes, too. An alternative would be the Joe Satriani look on the last G3 tour.
yeah the classy look is always cool.
Pi2plank

-A Black Wetsuit

OR

-A Robot Outfit