me playing midnight by joe satriani, VIDEO : D plz comment

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
the_shredi

hi heres a vid of me playing midnight by joe satch please comment

heres my site
http://lukasshreddies.tripod.com/index.htm its in the downloads section, check out the layout if you want i just did that too : P

heres a direct link to the vid
http://lukasshreddies.tripod.com/midnight.WMV
bass is alittle high but thats wat you get when you use a digital photo camera

COMMENTS PLEASE : D

my website:
http://lukasshreddies.tripod.com/index.htm
my audio files and videos :
http://lukasshreddies.tripod.com/downloads.htm
Psychlone

Whoah, good job dude! Shame you only had the digital camera to record it. What else can you play? You look like you have some intelligent fingers...
zapp69
Newcomer

lukas , that was great , you said you have only been playing a year and a half , I wish I was as good as you when I was your age :wink:
Redpred

Amazing man you are way better than me :)

That was so cool to watch lets see some Malmsteen sweep picking next eh :wink:
Alex Smith

Well done man. Out of interest, how long did it take you to learn?
the_shredi

thank you all for the kind words, very encouraging :D. i hope to make some more recordings and videos soon.

"Well done man. Out of interest, how long did it take you to learn?" Alex smith
hi alex thanks, it took me about a week to learn and i've know the song for about a month now i think. im gonna be performing it at my school talent show in two weeks.
thanks again everyone :D

take care,
lukas
Alex Smith

It took me three quarters of an hour to learn :oops: However, it took me a week before my right hand fingers were used to the pain. :D

And good luck playing it in the concert! From what I hear, you'll blow them away. :D
the_shredi

o cool, do you mean to learn all the notes? it took me less than an hour to memorize all the possitions too. but it took me a week to perfect it (to the point where i have it now) . anyways thaks : D also i have a guest book now so feel free to sign it :twisted:
Integrum

Nice!

The timing was a bit off at the beginning, but hey, I guess it's a matter of taste.

Anyways, at the last half it was really good. Emotional and stuff. Nice work! :)
the_shredi

HAHAHA, this is so funny at my school when i played the intro like the recording all even, my friends went "LUKAS don do that man it sounds better the live version, like joe did at G3" than im all "ok ok, i'll do it that way" but yah : P. thanks man : D.
Gustav_Himself

Great playing Shredi. Can you play any other Joe or Vai song? I have been playing guitar almost as long as you but I can't understand how you memorized the song in one hour.
TongueNGroove

far as I can tell you did pretty good, but the sound is so muffled and muddy and soaked in reverb that I can not here one bit of detail so it is hard to really judge.
Alex Smith

the_shredi wrote:o cool, do you mean to learn all the notes? it took me less than an hour to memorize all the possitions too. but it took me a week to perfect it (to the point where i have it now)
I could play it pretty much like satch [without the lovely sounds the chorus pedal gives you] the next day, if that's what you mean.
:oops: