Derek Sherinian comments on other musicians

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
ChickenScratch

I'm a huge fan of Dereck Sherinian considering he was in my favortie band Dream Theater and he's currently the the most scary (musically) band on th eplanet Planet X.

A friend sent me this page from his site where he comments on all the guitarists he's work with and at the bottom of the page he links to his comments on Drummers, Bassists and Vocalists. It's a good read, check it out.

Have a look: http://www.dereksherinian.com/bio-arthist_guit.html

I wish Vai would get this guy in his band!
Word

I believe Derek is also touring with Yngwie right now.. right?
ChickenScratch

No, he played on the last tour and on the new record. In fact the whole lineup from the last tour is back except for Derek.
Sandman442
Newcomer

Dereks new album Black Utopia just came out last tuesday! This album rocks! You guys gotta get it! It has tons of artists on it like Zakk Wylde, Brian Tichy, Billy Sheehan, Yngwie, Steve Lukather, Simon Philips, etc. I highly suggest you guys getting it! It's a great album! One of the best instrumental albums I've heard in a very long time!!! Go to www.dereksherinian.com for more info and sound clips!!! He's also assembling a band to tour with soon. That'll rock!!!

Check it out!!!

Dave
Moderator777

Moved to proper forum area.

--------------
Thank you,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
Texter

And as usual CD distribution sucks bottom around here...let's hope they've got BU now at my local CD-shop.
Neobrit
Newcomer

Good find ChickenScratch thanks for the read. DS is an awesome musician and very funny on the "once in a livetime video".
Chavie
Newcomer

damn i just checked out his samples

the tune all dimeola plays on kicks ass :)
Chavie
Newcomer

all= al
mange

Derek's last album (Inertia) kicks some serious butt, BUY IT!
I have no doubt in my mind that 'Black Utopia' is inferior.
It'll be my next CD-purchase.
Ethn Hayabusa
Newcomer

I love how there is no comment on James Labrie (dream Theater's abrasive singer)
greg

I just saw BU yesterday (pretty cool, considering neither of the LTE albums ever come near my local record shop.) I was just about to comment on all the other guys on it, but someone seems to have beaten me to it. Looks pretty cool but I won't buy it - I'm feeling tight at the moment.
GYPCMAN

This guy is simply amazing!!!
I just ordered "Black Utopia". I'm excited about Al, Zakk and Yngwie being on the same album!!
IbanezRules

That was some pleasant reading...

Derek's new album is stunning, I can recomend you all here go and get it... There are some serious guitarwork on there... :D
Gulliver

mange wrote:Derek's last album (Inertia) kicks some serious butt, BUY IT!
I have no doubt in my mind that 'Black Utopia' is inferior.
It'll be my next CD-purchase.
IMO, Inertia is much, much better. BU sounds more robust, heavy and as a result - less musical to me. Just my 02 cents.