New JS Album - "Is There Love In Space"

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Bono

Hi guys

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but on www.playusa.com , the new Satch album is listed...Is there love in space?...due for release on 12th April :shock:
UF Dean Player

Yes and I can't wait ;)
Matthew

Joe says the April issue of Guitar Player will have a full rundown of the album.
littleblackdots
Newcomer

Sweet!

It took me several years to warm up to Satch, but i find his backing tracks the most fun to improvise over...

Can't wait to see what kind of cool melodies he comes up with next. I wonder if he will have used the new Peavey JS amp to record this album.

Come on down to www.guitars101.com site to share your mp3 licks and original compositions, backing tracks, lessons and guitar talk with hundreds of axe maniacs.
Music Master

Wow, I just saw this at his site under discography.
Can't wait!!
Junebughunter

It should be good. I believe he did use those amps, but it may have been while they were still in the development stage
The Prez

The songs names on 'Is there love in space' accoring to the GP article on Joe are

Gnaahh
Up in Flames
Hands in the air
Lifestyle
Is there love in space
If I could Fly
The Souls of distortion
Just look up
I Like the Rain
Searching
Bamboo

A couple of them have vocals, which I thought was unusual, why wait till now, he hasn't done it on a solo album since flying in a blue dream.
guitar_fan

i hope satch will have a couple of songs that's familiar to oriental melody and belly dancer, these two songs are the best! i am surprised that satch is gonna sing on this one too
anuj

Joe Satriani ('95) had joe singing on Look My Way.

~A
The Prez

olldigitall

littleblackdots wrote:Sweet!
Can't wait to see what kind of cool melodies he comes up with next. I wonder if he will have used the new Peavey JS amp to record this album.
In the current issue of Guitar Player Magazine Joe talks about (among other things) which guitar and amp he used for ever single track. The Peavey JSX was used, but not very extensively. Get the magazine if you can. Joe even graces the cover.
olldigitall

Wow, the track Searching is 10 minutes and 7 seconds long. That has to be Satriani's longest track ever. Can you say guitar solo?
Bono

The longest Satch track was Woodstock Jam from The Time Machine...16:07 :O Not a classic Satch track in my opinion, but i'm very curious as to what the new track is like. I hope theres no delay coming out in the UK...
davemeetsworld

In an interview in Guitarist, satch says this albums gonna be mostly "hard rock" and the ones he sings on are quite bluesy. For me, I can't wait to hear it, especially the ballads!
Matthew

Can someone post a pic of the new Guitar Player? The site is not working for me. I would go out and buy the magazine, but no stores have it here.