Possible guitarists for the next G3 Show..

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Azyiu

Ok, I didn't read all the posts above, so I apologize in advance if these players have been mentioned...

Anyway, I would totally LOVE to see the legendary Brian May to tour with Vai and Satch on the next G3 tour. For such legendary musical event, I think it is just fitting BM plays, IMO.

My second choice would definitely be Nuno.
miker

Eddie Van Halen... He could bring along a bevy of AVN hotties to trot around him while he plays... it could be the G3 G-string tour. Maybe Michael Ninn could direct the DVD even!

Coming soon!!! ...to a strip club near you!!!

Bring a raincoat. yah. pretty much.
Azyiu

miker wrote:Eddie Van Halen... He could bring along a bevy of AVN hotties to trot around him while he plays... it could be the G3 G-string tour. Maybe Michael Ninn could direct the DVD even!

Coming soon!!! ...to a strip club near you!!!

Bring a raincoat. yah. pretty much.
This is a good idea ONLY if Monika Sweetheart is on tour with them. :P
-SkiZ-

it would be the greatest thing in the world to see a G3 with mattias eklundh, i'd sell a kedney to see that show...
someguyinatshirt
Newcomer

One of things I like the most about the G3 event is the way the guitarists play off each other, and coordinate their sets to build off of or contrast to eachother's vibe. I think Paul gilbert would be really fun. I'd love to see his playfullness thrown into the batch. Also Buckethead would be really interesting, he could really augment both Vai and Satch's tendancy to stroll through the looking glass.
Brusio
Newcomer

In the next G3 I would like to see Steve Lukather (Toto), Frank Gambale, Andy Timmons or Paul Gilbert... maybe they would be perfect. :D
Vivid

I'm kinda bummed there's no new guys for the S. American and Australian G3 tours. I hope they get Buckethead or maybe Gilbert or Govan for Europe or the US.
Booligan

John 5 or Paul Gilbert would be awesome.
Bennett

Booligan wrote:John 5 or Paul Gilbert would be awesome.
100% with you on that one!
you could not have picked 2 more suitable guitar legends!
well done
Moscow_Jem_Girl

Interestingly your opinion! :?
In Moscow there is one very good guitarist-virtuoso, his name is Dmitry Chetvergov. On a musical level and technics he is not worse at all than Steve or Joe. But his music is a little bit easier, than at them. On the time he play guitar very long too (hardly more than 20 years). How do you think, is it possible to put such person on one stage with G3 band?
At Dmitry's forum among his fans there is a discussion on this theme too. And I would like to clear up this question. :)
You can learned more about Dmitry here http://www.musicbrothersrecords.com/Mus ... ergov.html
To listening his music chek here http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=87118927
I wait for your opinions! :D
bonethrash
Newcomer

I think that they should get John 5 to join the G3 for one of the tours.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

How about an "officially approved" alternate G3 of:

Buckethead
Guthrie Govan
Mattias "IA" Eklundh

:guitar :guitar :guitar :shock: :shock: :shock:
Birdman

How about this comment form the man himself on TE:

"Its always funny to me when people use the phrase, Best guitar player in the world. There are too many variables such as technique, uniqueness, emotional investment in the notes, etc. But If I had to pick one, it would be Tommy Emmanuel. Watching him perform can be a study in artistic and virtuosic human achievement.

- Steve Vai, Guitarist and Co-Owner of Favored Nations "
jonnyboy mills

Has michael angelo ever done a G3?
Dan McAwesome

jonnyboy mills wrote:Has michael angelo ever done a G3?

No, but if they were to put him in there he would completely destroy the stage as would Buckethead if he was put on G3, the show would be officially STOLEN!

- Dan