VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 pm 

ok, I've never been the screamo, thrasher, metalcore type person... But ever since I've really stopped looking for all shred music, I look for anything that can mentally send me on a "journey" I feelings.

When I first found Steve vai, I only bought songs where he shredded. I was going through my "fast playing, shredding" stage while I was actually learning to do that kind of stuff. That's what originally made me like vai. I was always looking for I strumental shred guitar but didn't know where to start. The Trans Siberian Orchestra really did it for me. So when around three years ago vai came into the picture, I only bought songs like for the love of god for the solo and the whammy bar flutters (I had no idea what made that noise, I thought it was so cool). I didn't realize it was happening, but slowly I started to be more attracted to anything that was wierd, stimulated my feelings, was textured etc. Around the time I joined this board in 2011, around six or seven months after I found vai, I was completely reliant on the feelings and rush music gave me, music that altered my feelings, the stories I could make in my mind (no I don't do drugs lol, I imagine its better than being high, it's really an amazing feeling visualizing music etc).

Now- the evilness and heavy, hateful, attack of notes and vocals of metalcore music, then the redeeming melodies and shit are truly mesmerizing to me. I would like everyone who sees this to go and listen to "breathless" by Asking Alexandria, and also To the Stage.

And also check out "ohioisonfire" by Of Mice And Men. These are just a few select ones, I want everyone to buy some if these without even LISTENING to it first, take my word for it, and listen to it extensively for a few days, weeks, or even months until you "get it". It's only a dollar, don't ruin the surprise you guys might have. If you hate it, keep listening to it.

A while ago I bought Stand Up and Scream around three or four no tha ago and have really enjoyed it. Happy screaming!!!