Finally found this song, has this ever happened to you?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Junebughunter

#16 Post by Junebughunter » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:06 pm

Yeah, I wrote this song and it was one of my cooler riffs I ever wrote...I recorded it and everything, turned out it is very similar to a Deliverance song, then about a year ago turns out it is even more similar to a riff from a Dream Theater song

Artanis I

#17 Post by Artanis I » Thu May 01, 2003 5:21 pm

I have this all the time. Firstly there was this song I heard on the radio. It was "Fuel - Shimmer" and I heard it 2-3 times then not again for about 6 months. It faded into oblivion. Of course, it then re-surfaced and was a huge hit...

Secondly a very similar story (except it was around longer and didn't become a huge hit) "The Watchmen - Stereo" I managed to get my hands on 3 years down the track.

Two songs I didn't know the name of or the band name (or that they were the same band) from the 80s I heard on radio back in the days I was trying to search on the internet for. One had been redone by "2-Pac (& BIG I think)" and released as "Changes" so I searched for a song called "Changes" and found one by Bruce Hornsby & The Range. But that wasn't it. I noticed they had another album called "The Way It Is" (the first line of the chorus)...and the title track was it! I listened to the other clips of that album and found "Every Little Kiss" another song I'd been trying to find! As luck would have it, a few weeks later I saw the CD in a shop.

Artanis I

#18 Post by Artanis I » Thu May 01, 2003 5:25 pm

dex wrote:Well it took me once almost 2 years to track down a song.

Anyway a couple years later by complete accident I hear this song on the TV and I see the artist - The Divinyls and the song "I touch myself".
Turns out they were never released in Europe and I had to get an import of their Best Of CD but it made me extremely happy.
The End.

ilia

Wow I was just thinking of that song yesterday...I hate that song. It goes around and around in my head all day until I flush it with some Vai or Satch