Frank Zappa

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
aaronm
Banned

had a friend around last night that loves zappa so we watched some zappa vids ,..my friend loves him,..I on the other hand fail to see just what was so great about him ,. he was a very average guitar player his composing skills not that amazing ,..He did have that rather large amusing nose ,..and his discusting sence of humour,.now with out that discusting sense of humour I would doubt he would have got any where with his music ,..
Zappa famous for filth now thats talent,.. :guitar
litlgrnman

You're still here?? I thought you went on a big rant and promised to leave...

:roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aaronm
Banned

so it seems little guitar man ,..what are your thoughts on mr Zappa,..do you have any thoughts,. :?:
Im interested to see what thoughts people have on Zappa most of my friends love him and I must admitt I do find him amusing ,,..but over rated as a musician.
Jeries

i understand the paradox between you and your friend

you either get it or you don't

some people just don't get it- and i understand that... some people just love it

my best friend doesn't get it

my gf doesn't get it although i took her to zappa plays zappa and made her read his book

i on the other hand love it
Nate from San Diego

Help! I'm a rock! :mrgreen:
aaronm
Banned

yes he has me in stiches when I watch him ,...Hi Nate how is the weather where you are ,..

so Nate do you like frank zappa ,..do you think he is great ,,....

I have it on good authority that frank zappa snorted miles of cocaine
Nate from San Diego

**sigh** Oh, boy..... :roll:
[/patience]
litlgrnman

I like Frank Zappa. I think he is great. The weather here is quite delightful.

I have it on good authority some people just need a lot of attention.
kyle am I

can you please stop???
aaronm wrote:yes he has me in stiches when I watch him ,...Hi Nate how is the weather where you are ,..

so Nate do you like frank zappa ,..do you think he is great ,,....

I have it on good authority that frank zappa snorted miles of cocaine
Trinity777

aaronm wrote:so it seems little guitar man ,..what are your thoughts on mr Zappa,..do you have any thoughts,. :?:
Im interested to see what thoughts people have on Zappa most of my friends love him and I must admitt I do find him amusing ,,..but over rated as a musician.
Well aaronm you asked for it. Overated musician? Dude what planet are you from??? Zappa is an unsung hero in my book. Let me ask you this, do you have any music you have composed? If so I'd like to hear it and see how it musters up against Zappa.

8)
Jeries

once again

some people get it some people don't

and trust me- if aaronm had dozens of compositions- i'm sure i could find numerous zappa examples that are far worse than it...

he had 70+ albums (and i have them all on mp3)

not all of it is great... some of it is pretty unlistenable... some of it is genius...and some of it is great music.
NOT ALL OF IT
aaronm
Banned

well do i have compositions ,..well I know i can play a way better guitar than frank zappa ever did thats what i can tell ye all here ,...though i do enjoy his humour i find his large honk amusing ,..and i love the fact that I can play better guitar than he ever could ,.... :guitar
Jeries

aaronm wrote:well do i have compositions ,..well I know i can play a way better guitar than frank zappa ever did thats what i can tell ye all here ,...though i do enjoy his humour i find his large honk amusing ,..and i love the fact that I can play better guitar than he ever could ,.... :guitar
frank zappa self funded nearly 100 albums and has dozens more unreleased albums and billions of things in his vault that will never see the light of day

not only that- he hired and paid THE GREATEST MUSICIANS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD

Vai, Bozzio, a million others

if guitar doesn't pay all your bills- then you're not better than zappa
aaronm
Banned

Trinity777 wrote:
aaronm wrote:so it seems little guitar man ,..what are your thoughts on mr Zappa,..do you have any thoughts,. :?:
Well aaronm you asked for it. Overated musician? Dude what planet are you from??? Zappa is an unsung hero in my book. Let me ask you this, do you have any music you have composed? If so I'd like to hear it and see how it musters up against Zappa.

8)
The troll here,..I have posted an old track i did called diamonds and tears its in the self promo page have a listen,..by the way its a little ballad i do have more lots more ,,..i recorded this one about 6 years ago,.
the troll,., 8)
aaronm
Banned

Jeries wrote:
aaronm wrote:well do i have compositions ,..well I know i can play a way better guitar than frank zappa ever did thats what i can tell ye all here ,...though i do enjoy his humour i find his large honk amusing ,..and i love the fact that I can play better guitar than he ever could ,.... :guitar
frank zappa self funded nearly 100 albums and has dozens more unreleased albums and billions of things in his vault that will never see the light of day

not only that- he hired and paid THE GREATEST MUSICIANS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD

Vai, Bozzio, a million others

if guitar doesn't pay all your bills- then you're not better than zappa
jeries my guitar has put food on the table paid bills ,.put money in my pocket over the years without the use of profanity,.. :guitar