VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm 

I was just reading about the vinyl copy record on WTWTA. I noticed that the first 777 (what a strange number to choose ;) ) and I saw that it contained a pass for four LIVE in Minneapolis naked tracks. The live was capitolized. Does that mean the actual naked tracks have been modified to that of the show? Because the regular studio album tracks are shorter, not as exciting, and have less room to improv and such. Are these special 777 people getting tracks that are re recorded to that of the length and features of the show? Because now we run, the longer version of building the churl h, and FTLOG would be awesome to have. Or am I jhs reading wrong and its just a pass to the regular naked tracks? Does anybody have these maybe tracks on youtube or anywhere else? Because I don't have the technology to loop a seamless song track to keep going on until I stop it. And just for kicks, how much did those 777 cost?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am 

anything? Anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm 
Banned

hi kyle just thought id answer you post even though I dont know what you are talking about ,...
hang loose dude ,,...
I had better do some work now :(

keep on jammin youg dude :guitar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:40 am 

Does anybody have any answers at all???

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:08 pm 

I got number 25/777

if i recall correctly the set cost around $100 i also got the download but i dont remember
it being naked tracks i think they was tracks that didnt make it onto the vinyl set and on to the bonus CD 'where the 'other' wild things are'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:36 pm 

" The first 777 copies sold will be autographed and numbered by Steve and will include a limited edition t-shirt, guitar pick, vinyl dusting cloth and NAKED PASS which will allow you to download 4 LIVE Naked Tracks from the Live in Minneapolis: “Where The Wild Things Are” performance and will also function as a “Meet and Greet” pass on Steve’s next Tour!"

That was what it said on Vai.com. I want the LIVE tracks, because the studio ones are boring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:46 pm 

Hey Kyle was up ????????

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:48 pm 

was doing wind mill on my prs last night,,,,, not a good idea I found out oppppssssss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 am 

Kyle, the info you got is correct. If I remember correctly, by ordering the DVD/CD version of "Where The Wild Things Are" you had access to a download of the "Where the Other Wild Things Are" songs, while by ordering the vinyl version you received a download code for four live naked tracks. I think those were "Now We Run", "Die To Live", "All About Eve" and "Angel Food".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:31 am 

the code is on the back of the pass but i dont remember the tracks being live 'naked' tracks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:29 am 

Well, Steve's track on each of those songs isn't entirely removed, you can still hear it in the background, it's just mixed very low so that you can play along without having two lead guitars clash against each other. :) The audio is what you hear on the DVD, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:37 pm 

lol. When I get my guitar back with the sustainer in it, ill be able to windmill until the battery runs out. You know, annoying noises onthe harmonic mode, attempting to do the stuff Steve did in Dancing InThe Abyss. On a prs though? Kinda tough :)
PGHD92 wrote:
was doing wind mill on my prs last night,,,,, not a good idea I found out oppppssssss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:38 pm 

is their any websites that have these tracks? Because that would be so cool!
Samuele wrote:
Well, Steve's track on each of those songs isn't entirely removed, you can still hear it in the background, it's just mixed very low so that you can play along without having two lead guitars clash against each other. :) The audio is what you hear on the DVD, anyway.