VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Via & ORIANTHI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:42 pm 

Did anybody ck this out?????? Blew me. and no not new to this been playing since i was 14 and i'm 43 now... Been via fan since zappa days..... ck this on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7b-_YcACuQ

Post subject: Re: Via & ORIANTHI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:15 pm 
Banned

cool stuff looks good too

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 am 

lol speller VAI, not VIA. You cant be that big of a VAI fan lol :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:36 pm 

And how old are you Kyle, Excuse me for miss typing last name... I was listening to Steve when he played with Zappa , you were just properly dripping down your fathers leg then LOL........

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:54 pm 
Banned

LOL seams like a nice kid though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm 

no. we both are from jersey,,,,, its a jersey thing... he needs to learn respect that's all.. VAI BETTER ..... KYLE, now go put on your Bon Jovi CD... Did i spell that right ???????

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 am 

well, just a joke. Not a Jersey thing. I guess you don't know what :) means. :) :) :) :). As in like, just saying. No need to go all ape. If you really want to have have an attitude, well, your desicion. I cant believe people truly get their pantees in a bunch from a JOKE. Just a joke pal. Oh, and I hate bon jovi LOL. Just, how old are you? I need to learn respect? I'm not the grown man blowing up over a joke like hes my dad. 13 years, guitar player, and biggest fan of my age out there. No respect in having attitudes in children...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:33 am 

Kyle, I was just joking with you...... Thought you knew that..... Man , talking about panties in a up roar.... Take it easy. its all good... we are both Steve Vai fans right??? That's all that matters..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:40 am 

ok. No big deal lol. It actually really didn't bother me, I just hate how people will actually say something about my age. Just because I'm a kid does not mean I cant play, or a brat, or have no idea what tone is, or what it means to be a true fan, whatever. I get people like that sometimes. I am a writer, so if it seems like I was really intense, well I wasn't, its just my style of writing. Because I have gotten al many rude "agist " people over time (:)) its just hard to know when somethings a joke. And people from out of state think I'm a typical Jersey Shordekid, Gavin sex and drinking. Sorry if there are any die hard Jersey shore fans out there, but I hate to break it to you, Jersey is not like that. I live on the Jersey shore, and I have been past the old house, and do you know what it was? A set. The whole inside looked like a creepy doll house room because every thing was straight perfect and neat. And if we all know snookie, well, the house wouldn't be so neat lol.

Anyway, I think Steve and Orianthi are awesome together. If you saw the behind the scenes, it was funny, because while orianthi was doing her thing, its funny because Steve actuallypushed her and starred doing his thing. She got her balance, and as swift as zappa, pushed him right back. He appeared shocked and impressed and had his I am so really enjoying this girl look. It was a joke, and didn't appear in the video, obviously, but it was funny. Then Steve went to his circular whammy bar thing, where he pushes the whammy bar in a circle while hitting notes. I think they are a great attribution to ea hither, and think theyshould maybe compose a price together. It would be a south American pop, Indian blues extravaganza, and it would probablybe a grammy winner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:14 am 

Hey Kyle,
Sorry we got off on wrong foot, I'm from Jersey too ... Trenton, Born & rasied.... no what you mean. Glad we are straight... I'm 43 yrs old and teach guitar part time , private lessons ... Try to get my students to develop there own sound and not copy other famous players, they all want to sound like EVH.... or Yngwie It's fine to learn the songs , but I would like them to improvise and add there own style.... out of 12 ,,,2 are doing very well and even have been offered spots in local bands, (COVER BANDS), But it's a start, right????

Tell me some about you and Guitar? You obvious play... how long and what equipment you use? My keys stick on my cheap HP computer so forgive any type o's lol...

I have 2 strats, PRS 24, and yes a Peavy Wolf Gang (WHEN PEAVY MADE THEM) a while ago, which was present from ex wife...But, I ilke it ....... Old Yamaha G 100 with a 12 inch speaker on a Marshall 4 - 12'' speaker cab.....

if you ever head to Maryland area look for and see if you can find a local player performing, named Kajun Kelley.... Reallly Awsome!!!!!
I would him cross between SATCH & ERIC JOHNSON, but has his own style... I like when you can close your eyes and tell who is playing , just by ear........ I seen him allot when I moved to MD.. ( back here in Jersey now) last time I seen him, he opened for B B King......

Hope to hear from you,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 am 

Kyle,

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IrWyZ0KZuk FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Live with a full orchestra Steve does the wind mill to

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:55 pm 
Newcomer

Never heard of Kajun, will look him up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:56 pm 

hahaha lol the windmill. That made me laugh lol.p Thanks :')

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:31 pm 
Banned

some good stuff on this thread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 pm 

yeah, i love the wind mill and when he pulls the trem bar back,,,, it's like the srings are about to break, which i have seen him do at place called JAXX in Springfield ,Virginia.... He puts so much in to that solo " for the love of God '' it is one of my favorites from steve,,,, Then there the 3 neck Ibanez... top 12 sring,mid 6 string trem and lock, bottom neck (and this is kicker) fret less 6 string..... Does a great solo piece with that guitar !!!!

On youtube if you never seen it........