VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 pm 
Banned

yeah I have allways liked edies playing but not all Van Halens stuff .I havnt heard this album you all are talking about but the part that he should do a solo album I would like to hear .

I wonder if vai n satch have thought or asked him to join them for a G 3 tour ,...I would go to that one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:24 pm 

Yeah, that would be cool.... Malmsteen did it why not EVH ????? It would be a AWSOME TRIO !!!!! And just imagine if Randy Rhoads and Stevie Ray Vaughn were still here(rest in peace)..... I remeber back in 9th grade many, many many years ago, how the guitar mags were pittting Rhoads and VH against each other as who will take the thrown....... Man, they are and were just two guys who love the instrument and had a talent allot of us wish we had.... Still wish Randy and Stevie Ray were still with us though,,,,, surely missed.......

Could you imagine SATCH, VAI AND EVH doing the Attitude Song together......

But if you listen close to one of Yngwie's solos on the last G3 tour he sort of mocks the end of Eruption..... Sure Eddie knows about that... on you tube for those who have not seen or heard it .......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:25 pm 
Banned

I have the dvd with malmsteen with g3 he plays very well dosnt he.

I love randys playing also very free...

SRV is still in my collection,..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 pm 

Probably the reason that EVH doesn't do G3 is that he's a) not really a soloist and b) he's just on this different level, commerically, to JS and SV. I doubt he'd ever be asked to do it. Like, they just come outta different worlds of music, where people like Yngwie M, Steve M, Eric J etc, are on a more similar level to them. Everyone knows who EVH is (unless they're my age and ignorant) and I think that with G3, JS has always kind of been the headliner, even on shows with Steve. I seriously doubt EVH would wanna go on tour with a couple of solo artists who half the music-listening population haven't heard of.

Not that I don't think it'd be awesome. It would.

Also, holy crap, I actually had it in my head that Sammy Hagar was NICE. Won't make THAT mistake again! Wow!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm 

So speaking your mind when asked makes you not nice? Also factor in all the publicity you get for speaking out about your former band.
What did you expect Hagar to say? "I kinda like the way the line runs up the back of your stocking Dave!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am 

boswell wrote:
So speaking your mind when asked makes you not nice? Also factor in all the publicity you get for speaking out about your former band.
What did you expect Hagar to say? "I kinda like the way the line runs up the back of your stocking Dave!"

I don't think anyone is agruing that Sammy can't speak up - but his arroganct approach to interviews and how he's ALWAYS right kind of stinks. I completely understand why Eddie is keeping his mouth shut. He doesn't need to feel the need to abuse people in every interview.

And Dave doesn't wear stockings anymore. He wears silver leather suits....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:12 am 

Bryceybhoy wrote:
I don't think anyone is agruing that Sammy can't speak up - but his arroganct approach to interviews and how he's ALWAYS right kind of stinks. I completely understand why Eddie is keeping his mouth shut. He doesn't need to feel the need to abuse people in every interview.

And Dave doesn't wear stockings anymore. He wears silver leather suits....

Somewhere in the middle lies the truth!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:23 am 

boswell wrote:
Bryceybhoy wrote:
Somewhere in the middle lies the truth!

Probably true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:45 pm 
Banned

turtleygirl wrote:
Probably the reason that EVH doesn't do G3 is that he's a) not really a soloist and b) he's just on this different level, commerically, to JS and SV. I doubt he'd ever be asked to do it. Like, they just come outta different worlds of music, where people like Yngwie M, Steve M, Eric J etc, are on a more similar level to them. Everyone knows who EVH is (unless they're my age and ignorant) and I think that with G3, JS has always kind of been the headliner, even on shows with Steve. I seriously doubt EVH would wanna go on tour with a couple of solo artists who half the music-listening population haven't heard of.

Not that I don't think it'd be awesome. It would.

Also, holy crap, I actually had it in my head that Sammy Hagar was NICE. Won't make THAT mistake again! Wow!

Sorry no offence but I dont agree with your post I feel eddie plays solos just as well as any of the players you mention in your post,.. if you watch the old 5150 dvd he sits with no back up from the band and just plays all sorts of crazy stuff ,...I beleive ed could play a set with G3 no probs ,...also I feel ed can hold his own with any body and if he ever did play with " G 3 " lots of fans would want to see it .
and just for the record both joe and steve use finger tapping ,..Ed is the finger tapping Master I havnt seen any body finger tap,.. slap in the melodic sence that Ed can
just my thoughts ,....
cheers aaron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm 

Quote:
Sorry no offence but I dont agree with your post I feel eddie plays solos just as well as any of the players you mention in your post,.. if you watch the old 5150 dvd he sits with no back up from the band and just plays all sorts of crazy stuff ,...I beleive ed could play a set with G3 no probs ,...also I feel ed can hold his own with any body and if he ever did play with " G 3 " lots of fans would want to see it .
and just for the record both joe and steve use finger tapping ,..Ed is the finger tapping Master I havnt seen any body finger tap,.. slap in the melodic sence that Ed can
just my thoughts ,....
cheers aaron

Fair enough. True, I haven't heard much of EVH's soloing. I just meant he hasn't done records by himself etc. He is fantastic, and, yeah, he is definitely capable of playing with JS and SV, no question. I just mean...he might not want to. That's all. They're in seperate sections of the music industry.

Having said that, I would be first in line for a G3 concert involving him :D.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:12 pm 
Banned

cool bananas turtley Girl just after I posted that thread I realised what you were getting at.. 8)

:guitar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:49 am 

I STARTED PLAYING IN 7 TH GRADE , AT THAT TIME MY INFLUENCE CAME FROM PAGE, CLAPTON, AND DWAYNE ALLMAN,,,,, (44 yrs old now)
THEN I HEAR FROM MY TEACHER ABOUT THIS GUY WHO IS GOING TO TURN THE GUITAR IN TO WEAPON OF WAR.... MY GUITAR TEACH WAS A LITTLE BIT INTO PAR TAKING OF A WEED......

WHEN I HEARD VH 1, THAT WAS IT FOR ME, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT I JUST HEARD ???? AS FAR AS I AS I KNOW AT THAT TIME, NO ONE WA PLAYING ON THE RADIO LIKE THAT....... EDDIE IS PART OF WHAT GUITAR HAS BECOME TODAY..... WE OWE HIM THAT MUCH AND SO DO THE PRO AND RECORDING ARTISTS , EVEN IF THERE BETTER.....

FROM SLASH TO WYLDE AMD DIME BAG (REST IN PEACE) FROM PANTERA.... ALL GIVE EVH CREDIT IN SOME WAY FOR THERE PLAYING AND INFLUENCE, AS WELL AS I DO ....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 pm 
Banned

PGHD92 wrote:
I STARTED PLAYING IN 7 TH GRADE , AT THAT TIME MY INFLUENCE CAME FROM PAGE, CLAPTON, AND DWAYNE ALLMAN,,,,, (44 yrs old now)
THEN I HEAR FROM MY TEACHER ABOUT THIS GUY WHO IS GOING TO TURN THE GUITAR IN TO WEAPON OF WAR.... MY GUITAR TEACH WAS A LITTLE BIT INTO PAR TAKING OF A WEED......

WHEN I HEARD VH 1, THAT WAS IT FOR ME, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT I JUST HEARD ???? AS FAR AS I AS I KNOW AT THAT TIME, NO ONE WA PLAYING ON THE RADIO LIKE THAT....... EDDIE IS PART OF WHAT GUITAR HAS BECOME TODAY..... WE OWE HIM THAT MUCH AND SO DO THE PRO AND RECORDING ARTISTS , EVEN IF THERE BETTER.....

FROM SLASH TO WYLDE AMD DIME BAG (REST IN PEACE) FROM PANTERA.... ALL GIVE EVH CREDIT IN SOME WAY FOR THERE PLAYING AND INFLUENCE, AS WELL AS I DO ....

cool post dude allmost home time
,,guitar time...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:31 pm 

SOME TRIVA FOR YEAH,,,,, AFTER DLR LEFT , EVH ASKED A FEMALE SINGER TO JOIN VH..... SHE HAD A SUCCESS WITH A BAND A SOLO PROJECT AND DID A DUET WITH DON HENLEY FROM EAGLES..... WHO WAS IT???? AND EDDIE REALLY WANTED HER TO JOIN BIG TIME AS SHE TURNED DOWN THE OFFER.....

ANSWER???????

WOULD HAVE BEEN KICK ASS I THINK........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:37 am 

Sass Jordan-it was AVH's idea, they never asked her because they felt the fans wouldn't like a woman fronting the band. I have the GW interview saying as much archived.