VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:19 am 

Big Bad Bill wrote:
I wonder if non-UK board members are familiar with the member of the band 'Happy Mondays' known as Bez? I have a feeling MA contribution to VH's music was only slightly greater that Bez's contribution to the music of Happy Mondays. Perhaps I'm being less than generous there....[/color]

Have you actually brought Bez into a proper music discussion? Have you? I believe you have.

Stand in the corner and count to 100 until you admit bringing shame to the board.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:42 am 

Bryceybhoy wrote:
Have you actually brought Bez into a proper music discussion? Have you? I believe you have.
Prezidentman et al. brought Michael Anthony in to serious music discussion. Make them stand in the other corners!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 am 

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Bryceybhoy wrote:
Prezidentman et al. brought Michael Anthony in to serious music discussion. Make them stand in the other corners!

Damn right, because MA is a serious musician....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:10 pm 

MA = Bez

Bez = Waste of space

Since MA = Bez, MA = Waste of space!

You see, its just logic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 am 

Blood and Fire....classic VH and what great rhythm playing....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:28 pm 

This album kicks ass !!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 am 

Are you guys kidding? There is no debate here, this album is awesome. Eddies playing is just as good as it was back in 1983 and he's like 57 years old ! He's even progressed his sound with a wah pedal, an octave pedal - and some other effects I don't believe he really ever used. DLR - ok so he lacks the high-end growl he use to have, the only soft spot on the cd, still sounds exactly like DLR for 90% of the album. To me, the classic harmonies are still there and I can't tell that its not Michael Anthony nor do I care. Sure he's a great guy, but Wolfgang is the guy's son for cying out loud. Wouldn't any of us choose to play with our child (if up to the job) if in Eddy's shoes? They even maintain that VH humor, for example, Honeybabysweetie with the dog bark after the solo....obviously I am extremely impressed with this album.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:11 am 

...and as for Hagar's comments, the classless bitch doesn't deserve a response. Had no idea this is what the guy was really like. Can anyone imagine Steve or Joe, o r John P ever coming out negative like that against anyone ??

Loser in my book.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:31 pm 

I allways wondered and really never understood why, just once VH did not do just a straight in your face instrumental record/CD????
They are incredible musicians and I would love to hear 9 to 12 tracks of just a three piece jam.... Seen Eddie twice on David Letterman and on Saturday Night live, just tearing it up with the band, no singing..... That would sell big time .....

Is there any sequell to Eruption on the new CD?????? Any istrumentals at all?????

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:36 pm 

Cadiz,
What did Sammy H say about the new VH album????

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:31 am 

PGHD92 wrote:
I allways wondered and really never understood why, just once VH did not do just a straight in your face instrumental record/CD????
They are incredible musicians and I would love to hear 9 to 12 tracks of just a three piece jam.... Seen Eddie twice on David Letterman and on Saturday Night live, just tearing it up with the band, no singing..... That would sell big time .....

Is there any sequell to Eruption on the new CD?????? Any istrumentals at all?????

Eddie said in an interview a few years ago that doing a Van Halen album was like doing a solo record anyway, so what was the point.

Agree with previous post, not a big fan of Sammy Hagar these days. Guy just sounds seriously bitter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 am 

Remember 'Baluchitherium' from 'Balance'? It was a brilliant instrumental track and I still play it on my guitar!

There are no instrumentals on the new album.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 am 

Its not the same, though Eddie gets his solo in sure and takes the rythem to all high and different level ( even adding a Battery Drill)... All I am saying for those of you who have seen Eddie play just with a band, no singer doing instrumental rythems and solos,,,,, man it's a whole different level he takes it too..... The Saturday Night live jam with the SNL band was awsome...... Even seen a video of Eddie playing with Les Paul, the man him self..... Just wish he would do a solo project simular to SATCH and VAI or even do something with them, but not sure what relationship he has with other players.... I know he has jamed with Neil Shoun from Journey and Brian May from Queen.. And yes we all forgive him for Beat it, even though it was a kick ass solo...... DLR never did though, he hated that Eddie did that.... mocked it at all the VH comcerts after the MJ tour ... DLR was even wearing a white glove......., But we forgive Eddie, right??????

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am 

Hey, you know what? I'm no Michael Jackson fan, but it was a darn good solo - and brilliant marketing. I don't have to forgive him because I don't hold it against him...

And for an earlier post, Hagar made very childish criticisms about the new album and all four members; not at all what I expected from him (or any professional for that matter). Just run a search for the exact comments.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm 

eh, I obviously chose sides here, I 100% agree with what Hagar said.... as for the album.... Tattioo Tattooo........I rather listen to a dog vomit... I haven't listened to the album for what its worth, but I have no intention too after hearing the first single. I did listen to a clip from their live show......DLR - shoulda retired 10 years ago. It sounded horrid. Eddie = same classic guitar. no doubt hes one of the greats.