VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:56 am 

Thanks for the compliments Mr. Shredded Heat. What a cool name!
Very glad to hear you've enjoyed the debut album. Yeah I feel like a succeded with the first album exactily in that sense. All songs work together, and complements each other. Each song is painting the same large image, but from a different angle. I do my best not to compose same song again and again. Now doing my best to make something fresh. Want to make sure that the whole picture is vivid, filled with twists and turns, surprises and most important great music with meaning and emotion. So far all 5 new finished songs are absolutely there. I'm excited, but there's still plenty to do.

Gorillaz I really dig. I think all interesting artists have character, they are characters. Only it's more rare that the characters are cartoons :9

For some reason Mr. Fastfinger has not been a heavy user of wah-wah... I have only one part with wah-wah for this album so far. But it's still undedicated!!! Mail me and I'll let you hear it.
mika (add) guitarshredshow.com

Thank you
Mika

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:21 am 

Hi There,
Just wanting to thank all the guys who took part of the dedication / donation thingie. Hope you're now all enjoying the debut CD. The following CD you will recieve among the first ones.
If there's still somebody interested doing this, contact me mika(_at_ )guitarshredshow.com for details.

Here's a clip of me performing one new track live at Finnish Metal Expo last friday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5oFOS4_Gis

Mika

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:58 am 

tyky wrote:
Hi There,
Just wanting to thank all the guys who took part of the dedication / donation thingie. Hope you're now all enjoying the debut CD. The following CD you will recieve among the first ones.
If there's still somebody interested doing this, contact me mika(_at_ )guitarshredshow.com for details.

Here's a clip of me performing one new track live at Finnish Metal Expo last friday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5oFOS4_Gis

Mika

Hi Mika,

The clip is kick-ass. Really nice. Can't wait for the new cd. And yes, I'm digging the first cd. Much better than mp3 (itunes, for the record).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:18 am 

Hi guys,
An update on the progress of the album. The release of the album is delayed a little bit. I rather do the production in piece and make sure everything is like I want it, instead of rushing some crap out. Current release schedule is in january / february 2012.

We've started to work on the songs as a band as well. We're already started performing new songs live as a band. It's one thing to record and do the things alone in the studio. Once you want to do these live you have to do it for real. We're probably doing some live on stage / or in the studio videos to go along the album.

Here's a litte teaser clip of some groundbreaking stuff in the field of instrumental guitar rock. (well this at least for the rap part I mean). it's the premiere of song Motion Beat. Hard rocking, booty shaking stuff. Hope you dig it!

http://youtu.be/-BYHPCXGBCA

Mika

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 am 

Mr. Fastfinger "in Motion" is finally released. Here's the trailer for it:
http://youtu.be/QwXDhBo2CFo