GUITARISTS THAT ANNOY ME

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
RhandyRhoads
Newcomer

michael angelo batty-hole annoys me, he thinks hes the hit cause he uses 50 chorus and delay pedals which makes him sound fast and his trick shit which is just show off, all he does is fast pick some scales and thats his solo!
guitar_chicken

Yeah you're right man, I can't believe that guy is still on the music scene, he's just some kind of fake guitarist who thinks that fast is cool..... like a blink kid who got older and better but not smarter....

And, there are two kinds of guitarists that annoy me; those who go by the rules and just the rules and can't break the rules, and those who fail in breakin the rules too much.....

Hey, I've juste read some books who talk about how music is something instinctive, a mathematical reality everybody could understand and develop, some way of communicating with some kind of spiritual world..... Then I talked with my philosophy teacher, and he went even further (he's a musician too) and now I'm freaked out!! And I'm gonna start a crusade for the future of music!!!! Imagine how cool would be a world where people talked with music...... anyway i'm just crazy.....
miker

Guitarists that are annoyed by other guitarists annoy me.

You can learn SOMETHING from every guitar player out there. If you don't realize this, the deficiancy is yours.

Peace, love, and happiness people.
Birdman

If that's true about guitarists being annoyed by other guitarists, and learning, then you wouldn't be learning anything from them though would you? hahaha Just kidding.

as for : all he does is fast pick some scales and thats his solo

Isn't that Yngwie? Haha
brainpolice

! HA ! :)
Viva La Revolucion

I think Yngwie is shit. Every guitarist can lock himself up for 16 hours a day, practise his picking all the time, and come out after 20 years to earn respect as the fastest player. What makes me think Vai is great and Yngwie is shit is the amount of soul they put in. Steve Vai never makes the same album twice, and when he plays fast, it serves his compositions. Yngwie has been playing same same cheesy, wanky crap for over 20 years. It is about time he grows up stops thinking he is the most brilliant player in the world, because he isn't.
brainpolice

Thankyou. *applause* :)
FINGERS76

brainpolice wrote:Thankyou. *applause* :)
You're still an idiot.
brainpolice

Would you please stop patronizing?
Would you please stop targetting people?
It makes ME look like the mature one.
Cheers.
PaulEMoz

Viva La Revolucion wrote:I think Yngwie is shit. Every guitarist can lock himself up for 16 hours a day, practise his picking all the time, and come out after 20 years to earn respect as the fastest player. What makes me think Vai is great and Yngwie is shit is the amount of soul they put in. Steve Vai never makes the same album twice, and when he plays fast, it serves his compositions. Yngwie has been playing same same cheesy, wanky crap for over 20 years. It is about time he grows up stops thinking he is the most brilliant player in the world, because he isn't.
Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Yngwie has NEVER claimed to be the best, nor even the fastest. Find me a direct quote, anywhere, from Yngwie where he does. You can't.

Also, what makes you think he doesn't put any soul or emotion into his music? Do you honestly think he just stands there and plays any old fast notes just for the sake of it? Ridiculous. Just because YOU personally don't feel anything from it, doesn't mean Yngwie himself plays with no emotion.

I don't know how many times I've tried to get this point across, and people don't seem to get it.
lydian7

PaulEMoz wrote: Also, what makes you think he doesn't put any soul or emotion into his music? Do you honestly think he just stands there and plays any old fast notes just for the sake of it? Ridiculous. Just because YOU personally don't feel anything from it, doesn't mean Yngwie himself plays with no emotion.

I don't know how many times I've tried to get this point across, and people don't seem to get it.
I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings regarding this topic, and I acknowledge that Yngwie is indeed a technically advanced performer, world-class. My criticism about his technique is in that his actual variety of techniques are lacking. Every single solo he improvises (or creates) involves single picking up and down the scale in a linear melodic line, occassionally stopping to produce a note with tone-wide vibrato (whether the song needs it or not!). I feel the reason peolpe criticise his emotional input is that his use of vibrato never varies, and his note choice stays the same. This to me signifies someone who is just out to impress, and someone who doesn't really regard music as a valid form of self-expression. He is a good player though...technically.
guitar_chicken

well maybe Yngwie is a great and fast player and everything, but he ain't a good man :twisted: héhéhé cause I think he doesn't look like having a very rich personnality....
kpxmikey89

stop arguing about Yngwie, guys! its just a matter of music taste for differnt ppl! :?
realgreenfire

hey you guys know what really pisses me off...............

people who feel the need to whine about other people for almost 10 pages, if you ask me that is one way big waste of space on the web

steve
lydian7

kpxmikey89 wrote:stop arguing about Yngwie, guys! its just a matter of music taste for differnt ppl! :?
Hey here's an idea, why don't we abandon all forms of critique and not have discussions with one another about music, art, or anything subjective?

The fact that we're giving our points of view about the music so intensely is testemony to our passion for music and for life. Just loosen up mate! ;)