GUITARISTS THAT ANNOY ME

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Bryceybhoy

Doesn't it piss you off when your read an interview with a 'shredder' and they say that they don't want to be known as 'just a guitartist'?
I'm a huge Nuno fan, but it annoyed me a few years ago when he started saying 'I'm not a guitarist, I'm a song writer' - So how come you're releasing 'Guitar Wars' now Nuno?
Blues Saraceno did it as well. Three superb solo albums and then our Blues get's upset at 'shredder' comments so changes he whole outlook - now he's trying to latch on to Dweezil.
Nuno's great but he's better off just playing guitar. Some of his solo stuff is painful to listen to. It's like watching a car crash. Terrible stuff.
That's one thing Vai has never done. He's never said 'I'm gonna do this, because of this, and I don't want to do that, blah blah blah'
He just goes and does it - that's why he's got integrity.
PS. I also hate Christmas.
Melodic Dreamer

Blues Saraceno did it as well. Three superb solo albums and then our Blues get's upset at 'shredder' comments so changes he whole outlook - now he's trying to latch on to Dweezil.
You do know that he is dead?
Bryceybhoy

eh? Is that a joke or what?
ShawShred

I hope Mark Tremonti dies. :evil:
PURPLE RAIN
Newcomer

It wouldnt hurt my feelings if keith richards put down his axe.
Knightmeir

Keith Richards is invincible. Doesn't he get his blood cleaned once a year?
Melodic Dreamer

Bryceybhoy wrote:eh? Is that a joke or what?
Wow! I read somewhere that Blues died, but after doing a search I think I might be wrong which is great news.
eyebnez

Melodic Dreamer wrote:
Bryceybhoy wrote:eh? Is that a joke or what?
Wow! I read somewhere that Blues died, but after doing a search I think I might be wrong which is great news.
Yeah me to. I cant find anything confirming that he might be dead....which is great news. :)
Vaiper

Guitarists that annoy me : Little 12 year old spoiled rich kids that are just starting out n get an expensive guitar.I started out on a cheap strat copy, but I was always wanting sumthing better, now im glad i didnt because it taught me to value what I had.Plus I'm not really well off, at the moment Im using a BC Rich Warlock through a Washburn BD12R, and Im quite happy. but I once knew a guy who had 7 guitars and all he did was play in his bedroom. He used to get so annoyed when we were jamming and he would play blink 182, and i would play sumthin like, the audience is listening (not all of it of course), cos he used to play along to CDs hed say "yeah you just go on and do your own thing im just gonna try n play this" he would turn his stereo and amp aaaaaaaaall the way up.
guitar_love

guitarist that piss me of- guitarist who pick up the guitar for about a year who learn a few power chords and become famous(i.e. busted, linkin park)
i would day good charlotte but they have good melodies

fox
8)
Blue_Powder

I always get aggravated with players that have no concept of anything outside of them playing thier instrument. They can't appreciate a peice of music unless it has a guitar in it. They can't comprehend that a song may very well not need them and their incessant noodling in it. They can't understand that there's this thing called "appropriate" which goes a long way to making them a valuable and integral part of a song rather than a major annoyance.

And any band member that shows up to a gig with more money invested in their gear than I paid for my first two years of college education. These guys are just asking to be taught the first lesson of gigging; never play out with something you can't afford to lose financially or emotionally because it's not a question of "if" theft will happen but "when".

...and you don't need a PRS to play metal. It's a fine quality instrument capable of warm sounds and tones which you will never hear through a triple rectified amp and 7 distortion pedals. Your playing is the equivilant of putting a BMW 5 series in a mudbog competittion.
jmchambers5

I hate that damn 11 year old at the music store that always kicks my ass!!!

(you know the one)
bob mac

jmchambers5 wrote:I hate that damn 11 year old at the music store that always kicks my ass!!!

(you know the one)
:lol: :lol: I think we all do...........
guyzif

The only thing that annoys me more than a gtuitarist who's been playing for 6 months and knows 4 blink tunes then procedes to bring his axe into school and wow numskulls who kiss their ass, are the numskulls who kiss their ass. Sure the everyday punk-pop lovers might not know steve or satch or DT, they may scorn you and tell you to stop showing off when you break into the solo from the FTLOG, BUT WHAT REALLY PISSES OFF ME IS THOSE WHO SAY 'BLINK BOY IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU'. Then you say in your defence 'just because you don't know it doesn't mean its not good.' Then more scorn follows and blink boy sits their with a smug grin on his face knowing that as long as he plays that s**t peolpe will love him... oh well... rant over... thank God I hear you say.

cheeres

guyzif :)
geneticblueprint
Newcomer

guitar sales people, kids who want to learn go to a shop with thier parents to buy their first guitar (a cheap strat copy) and the guitar sales person always goes "this is a great guitar to learn and expand on" and then start racking off 24 notes a second and hands it to the kid, intimidation or what!