can anyone name this song?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
climax88
Newcomer

Hi,
I can't quite remember the name of this song the guy plays between 5:01- 5:08.
Here's the video. http://www.gearwire.com/media/vox-ad30-vt.wmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is that a Satch riff?
Hub

I have no idea :D (extremely usefull post) almost sounds like megadeath lol
heat without light

sounds a bit like 'crushing day' or in the style of that song.

I don't think it's meant to be an actual song, all the problems with royalties etc., just in the style of . . .

Satch ain't shy when it comes to law suits, ask Coldplay. :)
lydian2000

Couldn't disagree more with the lawsuits comment, if anything he 's been forced to sue Coldplay, anyway the riff vaguely resembles the distorted intro to "up in flames":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyqwidCGQr8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(the part starts at 1.08)

Just listened to "strange beautiful music" the other day, and still wondered what happened afterwards, but I gave up trying to hope he "'d get back on tracks" and eventually ending up even more disappointed by each new album.

:peace
Instrumentalrockrocks

lydian2000 wrote: Just listened to "strange beautiful music" the other day, and still wondered what happened afterwards, but I gave up trying to hope he "'d get back on tracks" and eventually ending up even more disappointed by each new album.

:peace
Yeah, it is actually sad... A few days ago I watched the Live in San Fransisco DVD...
Where is the real Satch nowadays?

The least I could hope is that he can at least come up with something better then the something as lame as
"I just wanna rock"

... sigh

Groove On 8)
Nate from San Diego

^^^Lame?...LAME?!?!

Dude, that song kicks ass!!!

Considering the definitive work that Joe does, it is quite refreshing to hear a blues riff coupled with some sizzling solo work.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, and I'm not trying to flame what you wrote, but saying that Satch is lame is like saying Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) should drive in the slow lane on the freeway.

Joe is anything BUT lame...and he's actually a cool, down to earth person to talk to...

Getting back on topic, I would agree with Lydian that it sounds like the beginning to 'Up in Flames'. (somewhat)
Instrumentalrockrocks

Nate from San Diego wrote:^^^Lame?...LAME?!?!

Dude, that song kicks ass!!!

Considering the definitive work that Joe does, it is quite refreshing to hear a blues riff coupled with some sizzling solo work.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, and I'm not trying to flame what you wrote, but saying that Satch is lame is like saying Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) should drive in the slow lane on the freeway.

Joe is anything BUT lame...and he's actually a cool, down to earth person to talk to...

Getting back on topic, I would agree with Lydian that it sounds like the beginning to 'Up in Flames'. (somewhat)
I didn't say mr Satriani himself is lame

I said his song "I just wanna rock" is lame

I never even met the guy!

and as stated I love his work from roughly before 2001 (I do like Is there love in space? though ...)

Groove On 8)