Steve, Billy and Gregg!!??

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
mikeybbdrummin
Newcomer

Been a fan of the DLR band guys for a long time. Since the DLR days the three guys have played together in some way, shape or form: Steve on Greggs cd's, Gregg on Steve's cd's, Steve and Billy together and so on.....They have been mentioned many times as "The " super group..............................SO.............Do you think Steve, Billy and Gregg would ever get together again and do a CD w/just the three of them? You think the magic is still there?.......................and how well do you think it would be recieved???
mayuka

That would be a great idea, and I'd love to buy it, but I just don't think its gonna happen. But you never know, Steve always has a way of suprising us :)

Though I would love it, I love Eat em And Smile, and Skyscraper
PSD

Steve has mentioned going into the studio and letting go and doing a live-in-the-studio album. it would either be this trio or substitute Terry Bozzio for Gregg and I think you would have a real winner. Gregg is extremely versatile and has plenty of chops. I would look forward to this if it were to occur.
mikeybbdrummin
Newcomer

PSD wrote:Steve has mentioned going into the studio and letting go and doing a live-in-the-studio album. it would either be this trio or substitute Terry Bozzio for Gregg and I think you would have a real winner. Gregg is extremely versatile and has plenty of chops. I would look forward to this if it were to occur.
I would like to hear the three again do their thing..........................Yes, Gregg is very versitile..............I saw him last thursday in a Latin/fusion/funkish gig. He is my favorite drummer since the DLR days and I have seen him live 100+ times and he never ceases to amaze me;feel, dynamics, groove, emotion, versitlity and just a well rounded drummer. From rock, jazz, funk, latin, big band/swing or progressive rock (check out Vox Tempus or Shadrane) Gregg has done it all. I think it would do well and could possibly sell as well or better then any of Steve's other releases. The three would be a force that people have waited 20 years for.
Lyra

I'd like to hear this trio,it would be a real explosion! 8)
Drumolator

It sounds like a winner to me. I am a drummer, and Gregg is one of my favorites. Steve and Billy are among my favorites on their instruments too. Peace and goodwill.
mikeybbdrummin
Newcomer

Drumolator wrote:It sounds like a winner to me. I am a drummer, and Gregg is one of my favorites. Steve and Billy are among my favorites on their instruments too. Peace and goodwill.
I agree!!!!!
Good to see Steve has played on Gregg's cd's and vice versa..................just need to throw Billy into the mix somewhere.....................and we have a Winner!!!