Is there a soul inside musical instruments?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
guyver_dio

Re: Is there a soul inside musical instruments?

#31 Post by guyver_dio » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Awesome McBadass wrote:Erm, I think some people are over-analyzing this a little too much.
oh so you'd rather 'everyone just states yes or no or everyone just uses a standard stock of responses like i think they do because each instrument sounds slightly different' than having a proper interesting discussion that gets people thinking. Vote 1: Awesome McBadass for dullest forum ever.

Desert_Runner

#32 Post by Desert_Runner » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:11 am

I wonder if you intentionally wrote "over-analyzing a little too much" knowing you basically said the same thing twice.

Also, I agree with guyver_dio. The whole point of discussion is that it develops and gets people thinking, not that you go for a response that sounds good in your head, and then leave it at that.

Though it seems like a boring answer for those who would rather believe that all things had human characteristics, there is not a soul inside musical instruments. They are inanimate objects. I appreciate that each one is different and some are very nice to play, this is not a reason to suggest that they have a soul.

Let's stick to what we can prove, thanks.

Patill

#33 Post by Patill » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:12 am

Matwey wrote: Exactly. Water has a memory - and that is even scientifically approved fact.
What???

Who told you that?

:lol:

Desert_Runner wrote:You can't analyse too much.
that has nothing to do with analyzing. It´s fantasizing.

notavirtuoso

#34 Post by notavirtuoso » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:26 am

Some people think the world will end when the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. I think the souls of all wood things will be awakened and will eat us. Guitars, chairs, antique golf clubs. The victims of veneer products will be especially brutalized. Norm, the master carpenter from The New Yankee Workshop and This Old House will be the first victim.

Matwey

#35 Post by Matwey » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Thank you all. A couple of days ago I have accidentally bumped into some TV program about Antonio Stradivari. I thought it kind of has something to do with this question, however gives no answer.

Then I found this newspaper archive article dated December 18, 1881:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.h ... 94609FD7CF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ultraviolet
Location: wherever plugging your brain into your heart puts you

#36 Post by Ultraviolet » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 am

I will ""Attempt"

to relinquish my articulation as to what a soul is to your senses....

to me,.. a "Soul" is only one thing,... identifiable uniqueness in some form of collected energy, however big or small,..strong or weak,..

and it will NEVER EVER be compromised or altered by any type of outside force.

I think how souls got to be here,... is due to the birth and collapse of different Stars in the Universe. Each soul or "Spirit" for example has it's own "Will"

there can be "Gathered spiritual and molecular energy" which put into terms would ensue such a thing as a "Guitar" and the "Neck" being made up of the same molecules that have come from the same quadrants in the universe,....or different quadrants and different times,...but are still carrying the same electromagnetic multidimensional spiritual signature......

like say a star exploded out in the "degava" system,...and there was spiritual energy there from some existence of some sort,......and say eons later,... those same specs of stardust found there way into the "Nanook" system,.....(via black holes, other orbital allignments, pulsars, supernovas, wormholes, quarks, inter-molecular-friction (Tacheons, Nutrinos, and all the things that make the Universal Cog of water in a pond get spinnin round)

and now in this "nanook" system,...those same entities are existing,..and now the gravity of the mass of one of the nanook particle(yes just a particle) has gathered the attraction of some of those "Degava" particles or their electro magnetic signatures,....and are about to be BLENDED.

more or less of this "Blending" may occur at different points of the Universe, at different times, with different outcomes,....all based on GRAVITY, and how much more or how much less gravity there was at any given point at any time throughout articulated percieved existence of what we call the Universe.

so put into easier shmoosh,....
there could be particles out there that were meant to be with eachother just for how harmonicly ballanced their gravimetric wavelengths are in proportion to eachother,....

because they came from the same places in the universe,....just at different times,....
or that the unperceptable chaos energy is being ballanced by different "Spiritual" energy forms that have come together to bond and ballance the chaos,...but just were lightyears away or eons earlier, or after.

There can be a guitar that seems to have LOADS of spiritual energy,...
1 reason being,... that MORE of these universally harmonic particles have somehow found their way to eachother,..and then on to this earth,..into the ground,..and up through the trees,....and into the body of the guitar.

or the second reason being....that your unique spiritual signature wavelength just happens to be attracted to or "Resonates" more with the particular instrument because there is one or a couple or a lot of particles in YOU that belong with IT.

PEace you beloved peeps

Ultra :)

Patill

#37 Post by Patill » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:03 am

Ultraviolet wrote: so put into easier shmoosh,....
there could be particles out there that were meant to be with eachother just for how harmonicly ballanced their gravimetric wavelengths are in proportion to eachother,....

stop smoking weed :mrgreen:.

Let me asure you, that one carbon atom (for example) is the same as the other. There is no positive vibes involved, because they can´t do drugs and listen to Bob Marley, you know...
The only reason why guitars sound different is the random order of these atoms and molecules. One is better to build a guitar, anothr one should have been taken to make a bass or strings. You never know before you got done with the instrument.

But that molecules have spiritual energy is completely out of mind...

Breeder

#38 Post by Breeder » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 am

Patill wrote:that one carbon atom (for example) is the same as the other.
we could argue about that...anyway...ultraviolet, you need some serious reading on subject of physics

Patill

#39 Post by Patill » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:57 am

Breeder wrote: we could argue about that...
we couldn´t, because it is like this and nothing diffrent ;).

Breeder

#40 Post by Breeder » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:50 am

Patill wrote:
Breeder wrote: we could argue about that...
we couldn´t, because it is like this and nothing diffrent ;).
dude...links...gogogo, prove me wrong

Patill

#41 Post by Patill » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:09 am

Breeder wrote: dude...links...gogogo, prove me wrong

you have to proove yourself right on this one.

What I say is a well known and proven fact. You know, if you don´t know anything about atoms it´s completely senseless to proove anything to you. Actuall, if you take 2-3 classes on chemistry it explains itself. That´s the proof.

If I woul give you links, you would neither read them, nor understand them ;). No offense, sorry.

Matwey

#42 Post by Matwey » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:15 am

Alright then. Traditional science has nothing to do with this because scientists don't have any devices to measure/detect soul. The only thing they have is this - a soul phantom. They kind of clearly see that there actually is some elusive basis for everything, but they don't accept the idea that they cannot manipulate it in any way.

Patill

#43 Post by Patill » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am

Matwey wrote:Alright then. Traditional science has nothing to do with this because scientists don't have any devices to measure/detect soul. The only thing they have is this - a soul phantom. They kind of clearly see that there actually is some elusive basis for everything, but they don't accept the idea that they cannot manipulate it in any way.
yes, you can judge scientists to have no souls :?. What if I say you won´t accept you can be manipulated in anyway? Endless discussion.

Just a little foretaste: Take any drug and you´ll feel happy, awake or whatever. And you can do nothing about it. So don´t say you can´t manipulate ;). If you take LSD, you can even see the ghosts you are talking about. But if they´re real or if it´s just your brain fooling around because it creates images into your eyes that aren´t there, that´s another story. There´s a lot more manipulation where that comes from...

You know, I have to calm down a little, because you won´t even listen to me. "Spiritual people" live in their spiritual world and don´t listen to scientific and proven research. It may be too much for some people to learn or whatever.

But don´t make me ask you to proove your spiritual stuff, that´s gonna be heavy (impossible).

Breeder

#44 Post by Breeder » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:20 pm

Patill wrote:
Breeder wrote: dude...links...gogogo, prove me wrong

you have to proove yourself right on this one.

What I say is a well known and proven fact. You know, if you don´t know anything about atoms it´s completely senseless to proove anything to you. Actuall, if you take 2-3 classes on chemistry it explains itself. That´s the proof.

If I woul give you links, you would neither read them, nor understand them ;). No offense, sorry.
so what`s your take on string theory and quantum physics ?

edit: just to remind you, you are pompous one here who is studying chemistry so please don`t act as an asshole and patiently explain...they say knowledge becomes what it name means only when you can translate its

Patill

#45 Post by Patill » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Breeder wrote: edit: just to remind you, you are pompous one here who is studying chemistry so please don`t act as an asshole and patiently explain...
no need to get harsh my friend...I´m not explanining anything here, because that´s not my job and to much to do. After 2-3 years of chemistry, which everybody should have (had) in school you should understand (I´m not summarizing that for you). It is very uncorteous to say I have to proove that one carbon atom is like the other, if your teachers just tell you so (not word for word, but ask them). I will not explain anything. Just do you give me the proof it´s not so...

No need to call me an asshole for knowing a little bit more than you about this. You´re the one who was leaning out of the window saying "gogogo proove".