CHICKENFOOT

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
al

To late

they're playing here in Ireland in Cork!!

road trip!
pauldlr

More stuff on youtube.

Missed the ticket sales for Shepperds Bush, :( will seee if I can get elswhere :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaX5WFKZ ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wasoota

Excerpts here:

http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frames/f ... obj=710439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From what I hear there I gotta say Satriani apparently still has it in him, I guess he just needed the right framework to bring it out. - I hope he never makes another solo album again. :mrgreen:
al

i couldnt agree any less with any of that
lydian2000

wasoota wrote:Excerpts here:

http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frames/f ... obj=710439" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From what I hear there I gotta say Satriani apparently still has it in him, I guess he just needed the right framework to bring it out. - I hope he never makes another solo album again. :mrgreen:
If by "it" you mean the same ROCK /endless/ bluesy/just-roll-the-tape licks he's been too comfortably been noodling around with for the last 4 albums, yes.

I did try hard and listen for some kind of tad of originality or the formerly musically innovative satch that I believe I remember I have heard some day, but that guy has retired a few years ago it seems.

chickenfoot...chip chip...cheap!

:peace
Big Bad Bill

I won't be rushing out to buy this. I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bins in Woolworths! Oh no, can't do that any more. Who has bargain bins these days?
al

2nd hand amazon!?

yeah i wont be rushing out either its all the same tempo singing/bluesy type riffs

and i bet u anything there all in E/Eb or A/Ab
wasoota

lydian2000 wrote:
wasoota wrote:Excerpts here:

If by "it" you mean the same ROCK /endless/ bluesy/just-roll-the-tape licks he's been too comfortably been noodling around with for the last 4 albums, yes.

I did try hard and listen for some kind of tad of originality or the formerly musically innovative satch that I believe I remember I have heard some day, but that guy has retired a few years ago it seems.

chickenfoot...chip chip...cheap!

:peace
That's harsh, lol - Actually I particularly meant the ability to STFU from time to time and let the song breathe a little. But you may have a point, I'll certainly have to wait to hear the whole thing some time. I was just expressing my overall positive surprise over the rest of the excerpts. Sorry for going all bubbly. :lol:

As for the rest, Sammy Hagar is not exactly a prog/fusion icon, I wasn't expecting anything else.
Stephen Brown

I wasn't looking forward to it because this project was taking away from his solo work. That's changed now for me & I'm really looking forward to it. + It's worth it just to hear the new jsx50 in full swing. Then you have all the new rhythm's & leads to. I wouldn't underestimate the power of freshness to spark new creativity outlets.
:headbang

Sammy Hagar's range is killer. + The other guys. The chad use to come to my music school all the time but I was always in another class.

This could be Balance cross Satch. :)

My mistake. This is a completely new animal.
dreamer

..good old fashioned rock n roll, so it's nice to hear some solid straight forward power with some nice hooks.. Overall pretty good, I just expected a bit more out of them.. :guitar
:)
cbr1000f

From the brandnew Steve Vai interview on Favored Nations:
Joe Satriani is doing Chickenfoot, don't you miss to perform or be in a
band again?

Steve: I have a band. But if you are referring to a rock band with a lead singer, no. I
did that and it was great fun but I have no desire at this time to do it. Maybe in
the future, who knows.
I went to see Chickenfoot the other night and it was fantastic. Sammy sang
great and Joe played his butt off. It was a good ol' rock and roll time and I think
they are a good rock n’ roll party band.
Stephen Brown

I still haven't purchased this yet. Honest, I know. :oops:
al

meh i got it the day it was out cause hmv just happened to have it i forgot about it till i seen it, i listened to it through once and that was it
ClarkyNZ

I've been listening to it on high rotation in the car, and I LOVE IT. :D
b2

I have listened to it some times now and it is good rock music.
Remains me a bit of Van Halen, I wonder how different the music had been if
Edward had been the guitar player and not Satriani.

I just hope Satriani will not stop making his own solo albums.